INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bluray playback: Sony PS3 vs. JRiver.. which is better???  (Read 1330 times)

adlelare

• World Citizen
Bluray playback: Sony PS3 vs. JRiver.. which is better???
« on: October 25, 2014, 09:18:48 am »

.. since i purchased the PS3 many years ago it has been my bluray player, and it has been great, as anyone who owns a PS3 can attest, and additional to bluray it does 3D also (which i know JRiver doesn't do).. but now that JRiver got the WDM process working i have implemented my soundcard for movie playback using JRiver and the sound is fantastic (previously just used HDMI audio as it was very good and much simpler to use)...but now i, and likely many others, face the bluray challenge.. so does anyone use JRiver for bluray playback (via file or HTPC player) and is it better than Sony PS3 (for video and/or audio)...i've read some complaints about menuing of bluray in JRiver but my focus is primarily on playback quality...TIA..PS JRiver staff i only consider this because of the WDM process which does both simplify and substantially improve audio capability and performance..way to go.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bluray playback: Sony PS3 vs. JRiver.. which is better???
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 04:59:02 pm »

Why don't you just try it, and make your own decision?
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 05:27:17 pm »

If your computer/graphics card is powerful enough you can use/tweak the madVR program (built into the JRiver RO+HQ setup) and really improve on the picture. But if you have a weak computer the differences in picture quality between JRiver and PS3 may not be noticeable.

stewart_pk

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 08:21:17 pm »

I use JRiver for 2D bluray movie playback and Cyberlink PowerDVD for bluray menus and 3D.
I consider JRiver superior to the PS3 or anything else because of number of options available.
Pages: [1]   Go Up