INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicates  (Read 2378 times)

bluemark81

• Recent member
Duplicates
« on: October 26, 2014, 04:27:50 pm »

I know this has been discussed before here:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=65866.0, but it is not clear where I type in the rules to eliminate my duplicate files.  I have several folders of music which contains some duplicates.  Rather than delete duplicate files within each of the folders, which would be quite a task, I'm looking for a convenient and easy way to filter duplicates out using JRiver.  Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Duplicates
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 01:43:49 am »

If you select audio in the tree on the left, the content pane on the right will show all audio files.  You may need to toggle through the views to get a list of files.  Ctrl-U does that.

Then try typing the expression in the search window in the upper right corner.

Arindelle

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 01:38:25 pm »

If you want to make a permanent maintenance view or smart list you can copy the expression Jim mentioned and paste it or type it directly by opening the Import/Export button

bluemark81

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 02:42:36 pm »

Just so I'm clear, under Audio, I will make a new smartlist, say, called "duplicates".  Then I will set the rules in the "customize view" window for that smartlist?  Or do I set the rules in each smartlist that I don't want duplicates to appear in....which essentially would be all of them?

update:  I made a smartlist called duplicates and was able to show all the duplicates I have.  Now the question is:  How do I prevent my playlists from showing duplicates.  For instance, I may have the same album from two locations but I may not necessarily want to delete the files from one of the locations.  Is there a way within JRiver to only show one copy if a duplicate exists?

I have albums showing with duplicate songs from two different locations.  I tried deleting one of the songs withing my duplicate smartlist, but for some reason, it deletes both song files.  I'm not sure how to get it back now.

bluemark81

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 06:27:59 pm »

I figured it out:  I added the following rule to my Audio>Customize View:  [Media Type]=[Audio] ~nodup=[Album],[Artist],[Name] ~sort=[Album],[Artist]

This eliminated all duplicates in all lists that fall beneath the Audio category.  Pretty slick!

bluemark81

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 08:23:05 am »

Although the above rule has worked for eliminating all my duplicates within my left hand trees/smartlists within MC20, for some reason, JRemote is still showing the duplicates.  How do I fix that?

Arindelle

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 09:33:49 am »

Although the above rule has worked for eliminating all my duplicates within my left hand trees/smartlists within MC20, for some reason, JRemote is still showing the duplicates.  How do I fix that?
you have to modify the JRemote views and/or reboot the server from within JRemote.

bluemark81

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 09:47:56 am »

you have to modify the JRemote views and/or reboot the server from within JRemote.

I already did this, unless I didn't do it correctly.

Arindelle

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 09:53:53 am »

I already did this, unless I didn't do it correctly.
every time you make a change to a standard "view" view -- it doesn't automatically update the remote views - double check that your "expression" for duplicates is also in the JRemote view that is not working. If that is ok and it still doesn't work reconnect to the server from JRemote or reboot(close) the app on your ipad/phone by double clicking the button which will reconnect.

bluemark81

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 03:57:09 pm »

Strange!  I rebooted JRemote and now I can't connect at all to my mac mini.  It comes back and tells me it can't connect.  I've tried adding a new server using my access key and the connection summary tells me it timed out or fails.  I've tried doing this using the access key as well as the IP.  Any ideas what has happened here?  I tried it with MC19 as well and doesn't work with it anymore either.

Arindelle

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 04:07:24 pm »

sorry can't help you with that one .. pretty strange -- make sure your mediaserver is running ... but I'm sure you have thought of that.

Otherwise maye reboot your router, might have something to do with your Wifi connection and turning the router off and on might straigten it out.

bluemark81

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 04:19:32 pm »

Wow, now MC20 is not even finding my music files.  Comes back with a message "Something went wrong with playback"  File could not be found.  Check that the filename in the library matches the filename on the disk.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 04:27:56 pm »

Check that the filename in the library matches the filename on the disk.
Did you do that?

bluemark81

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 06:59:45 pm »

Did you do that?

Yes, everything appears to be fine that way.  It was working.  I closed out of it due to the JRemote issues I'm experiencing and when I went back in, it failed.  This is quite baffling!
Pages: [1]   Go Up