INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: missing get cover art from internet for movies  (Read 3151 times)

Richee

• World Citizen
missing get cover art from internet for movies
« on: November 08, 2014, 07:49:42 pm »

The Cover Art, Get from internet is not listed in
menu anymore.
I know I used it not too long ago when I needed
the cover art only.
I looked in MC 19 and 20. It is not showing in either one now.
Is there a scenario when importing movies that it shows or doesn't show.

Kind of makes me feel like I'm going nuts.
The Get Movie and TV data doesn't always display the correct
cover art. The Get Cover Art from Internet would show different version.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: missing get cover art from internet for movies
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 12:33:29 am »

It is still there and working for me, version 20.0.33.

It seems your setup may have lost it somewhere along the line. I'm not sure how to put it back, but I'm sure there will be a way.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Richee

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 04:27:24 pm »

Same version here. Here is a screen shot of what it looks like.
I have no idea how to get it to show up again or what I could have
done to make it disappear.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 10:00:27 pm »

Yep, the menu item is gone!  :o

I thought it may not be available if the MC PC didn't have an active internet connection. So I disconnected my HTPC, killed and restarted MC, and the menu item was still there. It just couldn't find any Cover Art when I tried.

I looked around in some of the configuration files yesterday to see if I could find anything, but I couldn't.

So I guess you will have to keep asking until someone comes along who actually knows what the problem is. Sorry.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 12:03:29 pm »

Anyone else knows what's going on with this. It works for TV and Music, but not for movies ... what gives ....

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 03:19:13 pm »

Same here.
"Get Cover Art from Internet" is available for TV shows but not for Movies. I hadn't noticed since I always use "Get Move and TV info ..." when I need the art.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 11:12:49 am »

I think you want to use 'Get Movie & TV Info' anyway.

I'm not even sure where we're looking for Cover Art > Get from Internet (or if we're looking anyplace).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lynes88

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 12:19:03 pm »

I never could get it to work for music cover art.  Even if my Tags appear correct, I never get results from searching the internet menu choice.  I have been doing this manually through my own google search and saving the cover art myself and then adding from File.

Not the easiest method but I have been doing it as I need for particular Albums or Artists.  So Matt, the answer is.... use "Get Movie and TV data"?  Does that even work for Music?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 01:04:33 pm »

Does that even work for Music?

This thread is titled "for movies".  That's all my comments pertained to.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 01:38:09 pm »

I understand that we can use the "Get Info", but the "Get from Internet" of the cover art menu was very useful as it returned a selection of covers. Using "Get Info" lists a single selection per source, and then we have to select the sources individually to see the cover. It's not a tragedy, but the other way was much better.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 01:50:51 pm »

I'm not even sure where we're looking for Cover Art > Get from Internet (or if we're looking anyplace).
You are getting it from YADB.

12.0.59 (8/22/06)

1. NEW: Added YADB cover art lookup / submission. (please submit any albums you have good covers for)

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 02:17:38 pm »

I thought YADB was for CDs only ...

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 02:33:17 pm »

I thought YADB was for CDs only ...
It is which is why Matt said to use 'Get Movie & TV Info'. I was answering the question about where 'Cover Art > Get from Internet' was getting its info.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 03:22:13 pm »

But "Get Cover Art from Internet" is also available for TV Shows  - however I don't know if it works or not for TV Shows. I'll have to try it when I get home and see what comes up.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 07:53:19 pm »

Yes, I can confirm that when media identified as a "TV Show" is highlighted/selected, there is a "Cover Art" -> "Get from Internet" menu item, and that it does indeed get cover art for at least some TV shows, but I don't know from where.

When it finds cover art, the first image thumbnail in the list of thumbnails is identified as, for example, "Your Library - 680x100 (276KB)", while the following thumbnails are just identified as, for example, "680x100 (276KB)". Some TV programs have lots of cover art images, so they can't just be images on my hard disk. They must be coming from the internet.

"Get from Internet" works fine for music as well.

There is no "Get from Internet" item in the "Cover Art" menu when a movie is selected, and if "Get from Internet" is in the list of recently used functions when a movie is highlighted, it does nothing. There is no attempt to lookup any cover art. If I change the "Media Sub Type" for a movie to "TV Show", then  "Cover Art" -> "Get from Internet" shows up in the menu again, and the function attempts to look up cover art, but finds nothing. When I said it was working in my first post above I must have had a TV show highlighted, or a movie which was marked as a TV show. Sorry for the confusion.

As Matt says, use  'Get Movie & TV Info' for movies, and if you want to use something other than the single image that is returned, manually find and load the cover art you want.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 08:04:23 pm »

Yes, I can confirm that when media identified as a "TV Show" is highlighted/selected, there is a "Cover Art" -> "Get from Internet" menu item, and that it does indeed get cover art for at least some TV shows, but I don't know from where.

When it finds cover art, the first image thumbnail in the list of thumbnails is identified as, for example, "Your Library - 680x100 (276KB)", while the following thumbnails are just identified as, for example, "680x100 (276KB)". Some TV programs have lots of cover art images, so they can't just be images on my hard disk. They must be coming from the internet.

"Get from Internet" works fine for music as well.

There is no "Get from Internet" item in the "Cover Art" menu when a movie is selected, and if "Get from Internet" is in the list of recently used functions when a movie is highlighted, it does nothing. There is no attempt to lookup any cover art. If I change the "Media Sub Type" for a movie to "TV Show", then  "Cover Art" -> "Get from Internet" shows up in the menu again, and the function attempts to look up cover art, but finds nothing. When I said it was working in my first post above I must have had a TV show highlighted, or a movie which was marked as a TV show. Sorry for the confusion.

As Matt says, use  'Get Movie & TV Info' for movies, and if you want to use something other than the single image that is returned, manually find and load the cover art you want.

"Get cover art from internet" for TV shows is how you get series and season art posters from tvdb.  Get TV and Movie info doesn't handle that for some reason (it will get episode art, but never series art).  The option is probably missing for movies because they aren't as "series" and "season" focused as TV.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 10:04:02 pm »

Ah, that makes sense, given the way the dialogue displays the seasons from the library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up