INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ratings/Using External Player  (Read 1374 times)

paulsalter

• Recent member
Ratings/Using External Player
« on: April 07, 2015, 08:59:35 am »

Hi,
Just recently purchased this after using the trial, so far its looking great and is nice to organise all my media

I do have a couple of questions, been searching the forums for answers the last few days but just getting confused now, so any help or point me what to look for would be great

Ratings
My last app I used was box music, this has no ratings system in it so I have been adding the ratings to all my files via file explorer, which all show up great.
I used to be an iTunes user so have a combination of MP3 & M4A, in explorer both these file types show my ratings (1 to 5 stars), however only the MP3 files have ratings in MC, been reading about how different file types use different methods for storing ratings, but if they are all in the same place through explorer shouldn't they get imported into MC?

I also have the same problem with video files (MP4) all tagged and look good in explorer, but when viewed in MC all the ratings are missing

External Program
As I have been using the xbox music app for the last couple of years I have a music pass, I know that I cannot play the files natively in MC, so I have it set up so that WMA files use my default music player, which is xbox music, playing a file works perfectly, opens it in the app and plays it, however it only plays one song and then stops, is there any way to get it to queue them up so I can play a full album? or is this a limitation somewhere along the line with using an external app

Thanks for any help
Pages: [1]   Go Up