INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RME fireface 802  (Read 2698 times)

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
RME fireface 802
« on: October 29, 2014, 01:56:17 pm »

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_products_fireface_802.php

I needed more inputs/outputs for my htpc, very good quality and real low latency.
After searching a lot, I have now the fireface 802, using with usb 2.0
After swapping my steinberg MR816X with this one, I really was stunned, superb drivers, flat sound, putted all settings related
to latency too the lowest for the 802 and MC latest, with 7.2 connections. with DTS HD MA. The 802 has a seperate DSP chip inside,
with great fx.
Movie and music in sync without problems/
with steinberg cubase 7.5, 40 audio channels plus video playing and recording at the same time, input latency 2,04 ms, output
latency 2 ms, with 64 samples buffer size. 24 bit, 96 kHz, all is playing great with usb.
The easy thing is that you can put the output xlr channels via the control panel of the DAC from professional level to consumer level.
So no need anymore for the converters I needed to use with the MR816X and my Yamaha AVR aventage 3010.
I use a 5 meter snake cable 16 xlr to 16 cinch.
The price is down from 2000 EUR to 1500 EUR. I couldnt resist this buy, and I am very happy with this. One of my best buys the last
5 years.
No disdurbing leds on the front, only 1 blue led. I did put the totalmix FX screen on a second monitor in the neighbourhood of my sofa,
so if I put it on, I can see the complete mixing table and meters. And watch my movies meanwhile on my Panasonic plasma via hdmi.

Check this one out, it really is super! And of course 8 analog balanced in/out, 24 bit, 192 kHz, 4 mic balanced pre-amps and ADAT and AES/EBU. And a lot more..

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: RME fireface 802
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 04:15:37 pm »

Seems very nice, congratulations !

I recently got a Steinberg UR824, so I am set for now.  One thing I like about the Steinberg is the very low switching noise when powering up/down and changing sampling rates.  How's the 802 in that respect ?

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
Re: RME fireface 802
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 01:41:59 pm »

Changing sampling rate no noise at all. The 802 powers up and down when pc powers up and down, I guess it does this via usb.
Very handy. It has an on/off swith but I actually never used it. So no noise on that front.
I first wanted the UR824 too, but I needed the extra channels and the very low latency.
Pages: [1]   Go Up