INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazon Fire TV and Gizmo  (Read 5253 times)

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Amazon Fire TV and Gizmo
« on: May 20, 2014, 11:01:16 am »

I have been playing with the Amazon Fire TV for the past few weeks and it is a nice little Android box.  Unfortunately, it has issues with VC-1 and some MPEG-2 content so I will be sending it back.

However, I "side-loaded" Gizmo and it works pretty well.  You guys might want to consider tweaking it a little bit for the Fire TV and get it in the Amazon app store which might result in some good exposure for MC.  In my opinion it will need to be tweaked for better remote control support and it would be nice if it allowed streaming of unconverted video and audio.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

etiennedetrace

• Recent member
Re: Amazon Fire TV and Gizmo
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 07:46:55 pm »

Does anyone know if there are plans to get Gizmo onto Fire TV?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 06:53:39 am »

Does anyone know if there are plans to get Gizmo onto Fire TV?
Not at this time, but you could try the alternate method for installing Gizmo.  It's linked from the Gizmo instructions on our wiki.

Welcome to the forum.

dmarkovi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 01:02:28 pm »

Any chance you can load up a video of gizmo running on the fire tv. Possibly from initial start up as if one just sat down all the way until the start of a selecting and playing a video.

I'm trying to plan my home network and was originally planning a central server with fire TV's in each room loaded with mediabrowser3, but I think jriver may be a better solution for me since it has a several more features that I need related to audio playback. I want to see how well the fire tv works or if an intel nuc will be required in each room.

TIA
Pages: [1]   Go Up