INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP! JRiver can't find one set of files  (Read 966 times)

tbng

• World Citizen
HELP! JRiver can't find one set of files
« on: November 01, 2014, 08:19:40 am »

I got but one unhelpful response on the JRiver 16 topic, so let me try here.  Please do not respond with "try version 20."  I eventually will do that, but it is not the immediate answer to my problem.

I use a Win 7 computer to run Sonata, an OEM version of JRiver 16, but it works the same way as native JRiver.  (It just has additional metadata fields.)  I have one set of files that Sonata cannot play because the server cannot find it.  I guarantee that the address in the library points to the correct set of files.  I've tried deleting the files from the source and the Sonata library and re-importing, even changing the name of the individual tracks beforehand to make certain I was importing the desired files.  The import works just fine, but Sonata still cannot find them.  They are .wav files just like the thousands of others I have that work without issue.  The files are not corrupt because I can play them on Windows Media and Media Monkey.

What am I missing?  This is driving me nuts.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: HELP! JRiver can't find one set of files
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 08:59:36 am »

are you referring to this? => http://www.sonataserver.com/??

What you could do is look at your auto import setting in directly in JR16 (not this sonata thing) and make sure all the paths are included to the music which has disappeared.

Difficult to help you, as this is a apparently a third party application which could even be a server too ... not sure when it has been updated and frankly never heard of it. Looking at the site for 10 minutes though looks like everything it does can be done within JRiver -- its just an advanced setup with multiple custom fields and views, using dbpoweramp's metadata subscriptions?.

If Sonata is no longer supported, you might just want to spend the time and learn JRiver, its pretty easy to add the metadata fields you currently use).

If not, the suggestion was not meant to be unhelpful! JRiver 16 is OLD. You can install version 20 on a trial basis (free for 20-30 days I forget) without uninstalling your current set-up.

Then, maybe, someone could help you. I doubt anybody even has version 16 on their systems anymore Also, as this Sonata running on top of JRiver apparently, issues probably stem from that config and not the configuration of JRiver .. so you probably should be asking them. Or change the title of the post to "Any Sonata users here that could help me?" or something like that. Maybe Computer Audiophile site could be a source, google that .... there is a post or two.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: HELP! JRiver can't find one set of files
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 12:54:00 pm »

How do you the import works fine?

Look in your import options. Make sure that "Ignore files previously removed from library" is not checked.
There's a possibility that MC is ignoring the files.

Also, can you find the files in Windows explorer and play them in MC by double-clicking them?
Pages: [1]   Go Up