INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Avoid Problems  (Read 1294 times)

DavT

• Recent member
How to Avoid Problems
« on: November 01, 2014, 09:12:26 pm »

I spent a good bit of time trying to upgrade from MC19 to MC20. Nothing seemed to work. So I got connected to the Interact site, logged in and again, things were going from bad to worse. The keys on any of my Macs would not work, I could not back space, could not type correctly, could not ask any questions. Sent a note to JRiver corporate as there is no contact information outside the Interact Forum and I could not access  that as JRiver would not recognized normal key strokes from my Macs. Then I did the oddest thing. Instead of trying to access JRiver from my links in the dock that has all my audio I opened a new site and everything works fine. Why you have all this on the audio cover page and nothing works is beyond me. Perhaps some instruction as it is intuitive to access JRiver from my normal JRiver tab on the Mac dock.

All is fixed now but boy, software people don't think things through for the common guy much.

MC20 downloaded fine once I didn't follow directions and my library transferred over in just a few minutes.

David.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to Avoid Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 09:21:17 pm »

The keys on any of my Macs would not work, I could not back space, could not type correctly, could not ask any questions. Sent a note to JRiver corporate as there is no contact information outside the Interact Forum and I could not access  that as JRiver would not recognized normal key strokes from my Macs

This has nothing to do with anything JRiver did.  Something was messed up in your browser.  Or, perhaps, if your keyboard is wireless, it has low batteries or something.

But JRiver's forum certainly didn't make the keyboard on your computer unable to enter text.

Sorry for the trouble.  If you need something specific, please start a new thread.  Interact (this forum) is the primary support for Media Center.  If you explain what you need clearly, I'm sure we'll be able to help you out.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up