INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eliminate the Close button  (Read 1746 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Eliminate the Close button
« on: November 03, 2014, 01:45:16 pm »

When converting an album to another format (say FLAC to MP3), eliminate the requirement to click the Close button in the Task pane when the conversion is done.

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 01:32:34 am »

When converting an album to another format (say FLAC to MP3), eliminate the requirement to click the Close button in the Task pane when the conversion is done.
It's important to have confirmation that the job has completed without errors.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 07:01:37 am »

It's important to have confirmation that the job has completed without errors.

Jim - can we please ask folks to keep their opinions ON suggested changes to another time or place? I thought this thread was a place to MAKE simply suggestions (good, bad or ugly) - not make one and have it turn into a bloody debate.

VP

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 07:24:17 am »

Jim - can we please ask folks to keep their opinions ON suggested changes to another time or place? I thought this thread was a place to MAKE simply suggestions (good, bad or ugly) - not make one and have it turn into a bloody debate.

VP

One of the requirements at the top of the thread was that the proposed change had to be something that isn't controversial. I'm not sure how that can be gauged unless folks express reasonable concerns they have about proposed changes.  That might wind up resulting in the discussion being split off somewhere else, but that's probably to the good because such a change probably wasn't non-controversial  ;D  

Vocalpoint

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 07:32:39 am »

One of the requirements at the top of the thread was that the proposed change had to be something that isn't controversial. I'm not sure how that can be gauged unless folks express reasonable concerns they have about proposed changes.  That might wind up resulting in the discussion being split off somewhere else, but that's probably to the good because such a change probably wasn't non-controversial  ;D  

I did not see an invitation at the top of the thread to dive in and debate every suggestion. The way I saw this thread was:

1. Make a suggestion (and follow the three or four guidelines at the top)
2. We (JRiver) will take that list and see what can be done.

And I thought JRiver was tasked with deciding what is controversial and what is not.  

But if everyone starts getting their back up over every suggestion (NONE of which even exist yet) - this thread (and it's point) becomes useless.

My apologies for the comments and possible derailment of the thread. Thanks for the invite to get a few things out there.

VP

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 07:41:05 am »

And I thought JRiver was tasked with deciding what is controversial and what is not.  

They obviously will be making that determination; my point was that controversy is hard to gauge without some limited discussion.  Jim may well clarify that any discussion should be done elsewhere.

This is probably why nothing ever happens - even when we finally get an opportunity to make some "suggestions" (some of which might even get done :) - even that ends up dissolving into the usual opinionated crap fest.

I think that's a little much.

I apologize for helping de-rail the thread, hopefully this will get split off by the mods.  

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Eliminate the Close button
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 08:05:32 am »

You can probably see why it's so hard to find ways to make the program easier to use, without intentionally limiting its scope.

By "controversial", I meant what users think, as well as what JRiver thinks.

For discussion, it would be better to start a thread.

This topic has turned out to be difficult to moderate.  I wouldn't have guessed that.

There have been a few obviously good suggestions.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 08:11:30 am »

Seriously?  Finally get to make some suggestions?

Finally??

All we do here is make suggestions. That's pretty rich.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Vocalpoint

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 08:18:09 am »

All we do here is make suggestions. That's pretty rich.

I realize that. I probably should have clarified that a bit better in that this "easy" changes thread was a great opportunity in my mind for some quick wins (hopefully).

I suppose it was too much to assume that even the simplest suggestions could be made WITHOUT the usual judgement call with people getting their backs up.

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up