INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Centre 19 Ripping CD's  (Read 1831 times)

KCRlovesMusic

Media Centre 19 Ripping CD's
« on: May 26, 2015, 11:37:47 am »

Hi, newbie to the forum here  ::) I have looked at the ACTION WINDOW and the TOOLS / OPTIONS but cannot find where or how to RIP CD's I have had media centre for MAC from 18 through to 19 and imported music files from my iTunes all fine. But now I want to RIP my CD's in lossless and cannot see how to do this. In my Action Window I only have BUILD PLAYLIST or TAG . Please help me. I intend to upgrade my NAIM Untiqute a NDX I have a QNAP NAS will I need other software to UpNp play from the RAID. Does J River offer a suitable QNAP server / streamer software? (I use MY RIVER iOS APP on my iPhone5) THANKS

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Centre 19 Ripping CD's
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 11:40:32 am »

Welcome to the forum.  You need to have MC20 installed to use ripping.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 12:01:37 pm »

There is good free software for the Mac to rip CDs.  XLD is my favorite.  Takes a little bit of setup, but once it's done, it works really well.  Though you should make sure to enable the Accurate Rip Database check and check the log file, which is displayed after every rip, to make sure all tracks got perfect rips.

That being said, don't let me discourage you from upgrading to MC20.  It's great software!

Brian.

KCRlovesMusic

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 04:38:36 pm »

Thanks. I have been recommended DBpoweramp Ripper for MAC and it has a QNAP Server so I may trial that first. (They don't charge for upgrades)
Pages: [1]   Go Up