INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Import recorded TV  (Read 1382 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Auto Import recorded TV
« on: November 04, 2014, 01:38:01 pm »

The guide service I use is a little light on TV episode descriptions, but it includes Season and Episode information, which is why I use it.  Is there a way that I can auto re-import shows after they are recorded so I can get a better description, and episode art?  I have set the folder to auto import, but it doesn't actually do anything.

OR, is there any other ideas?

mm0

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Auto Import recorded TV
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 01:45:04 pm »

You can select the files, right click and select "Get TV and Movie Information."  I usually do one file first as a test to make sure MC is pulling the right series info.  If that works, I do them in batches and it usually works great.  

I don't know of a fully automated way to do it, but it's easy enough to select them all and get the info.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 01:51:47 pm »

Yes, that is what I am doing now...I was hoping there was a way to do it automatically.  There has to be some way to do this...or, is there a way to set up a second guide import that will maintain the season and episode info from the first import, but overwrite everything else (since the season and episode info won't actually be there on the new import, is there a possibility that it won't get over-written with null values?)

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 01:56:39 pm »

Yes, that is what I am doing now...I was hoping there was a way to do it automatically.  There has to be some way to do this...or, is there a way to set up a second guide import that will maintain the season and episode info from the first import, but overwrite everything else (since the season and episode info won't actually be there on the new import, is there a possibility that it won't get over-written with null values?)

If you include the series, season, and episode in the file name, MC will auto-populate those fields on import and fetch the appropriate info.  So if you can find a way to automate file naming, you could try a second import.

I'd bet $5 Glynor has a trick or two up his sleeve on this issue.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 02:00:09 pm »

yes, season and episode are already included in the filename when it records (this is a recent change...when the info is available, then the filename will be formated as [Series] - SxxExx - [Name]).  But the auto import doesn't seem to re-import them with more information.  Not that I would expect it to by default, I was just hoping that there might be a way to do it.  Ultimately, I am wanting a better description (or in some cases, just ANY description), and a thumbnail image associated with it.

skarsol

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 09:35:01 am »

Is your guide service creating a .nfo or similar as part of the process?

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 10:48:02 am »

It creates an xmltv file.

skarsol

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 10:52:01 am »

I'm pretty sure when MC imports a file and there's a .nfo (or xmltv) file, it reads the fields from that file and then decides it doesn't need to actually do the Movie/TV lookup. I can see the reasoning behind that, but I'd love if that were an option in the auto-import settings. MC seems to do a much better job of getting info from tvdb, especially once guided to the proper show/episode by the .nfo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up