INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: List Style keeps changing  (Read 817 times)

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
List Style keeps changing
« on: November 03, 2014, 07:51:07 am »

I like the list style to default to Details but it keeps on changing to thumbnails.  I want this to be the case for every type of playlist

is there a default view setting?

dave

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: List Style keeps changing
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 08:00:02 am »

Two things:

1. When you create new views and playlists, they default to a style depending on the contents of the list.  Generally this works out to: Details for views/lists that are mostly Audio files, and Thumbnails for everything else.

2. List Styles are remembered per-playlist or view.  There is no way to set them for ALL views or smartlists, but once you change them, they should never change back "on their own".

If #2 is happening to you, and you are using a Library Server with some client machines, please note that you MUST make this change on the Server, not from the Clients.  All changes to your Library Media Views are reverted and lost when the client copy is closed.  This includes things like List Styles.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: List Style keeps changing
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 08:01:16 am »

I add a toolbar button to the top of MC that allows me to quickly cycle through all of the List Styles.  I also generally prefer Details list styles for most media types (except images), though occasionally it is handy to quickly toggle it to Thumbnails mode for a minute.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up