INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I remove all unnecessary Audio Devices from my list?  (Read 1297 times)

trcns

• World Citizen
Can I remove all unnecessary Audio Devices from my list?
« on: November 06, 2014, 08:13:23 am »

I have Realtek Digital Output and AMD HDMI Output in my Audio Devices, as shown in allached image. HDMI is also connected to my processor for video/Monitor feed. In case for any unknown reasons, if Bel Canto uLink is not available, AMD HDMI becomes next choice without even asking or alerting me and MC starts playing through HDMI. I want MC to use only and only Bel Canto unless I manually decide to choose different device. Is it possible and how can apply it? Please help.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Can I remove all unnecessary Audio Devices from my list?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 08:26:11 am »

I wouldn't expect it to switch on you.  That's strange.

You could try the ASIO choice to see if that's better.  ASIO is sort of the first choice anyway (when it's available).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 08:28:16 am »

When Windows removes a device from the list, then MC has to use another one. The only way to truely avoid that is by making sure your device doesn't vanish. Or as Matt said, try using ASIO, it usually doesn't vanish so easily.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

trcns

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 08:31:08 am »

On the Bel Canto Web site, and in uLink documentation, they said best Driver for JRiver Media Center is Bel Canto WASAPI, but if you suggest using ASIO I can try that to.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 09:21:25 am »

Under options --> audio ---> advanced there is a menu option "Auto configure output settings on playback error."  It defaults to "Yes," but if you change it to "Ask" that might help.

I have a similar situation where I have a device that comes and goes. When I set that option to "Ask" and try to play to the missing device, MC throws an error so I know to go plug in the device, etc, but it doesn't work that way with all devices (I have one device that when it goes missing, I get no error even with the "Ask" setting).
Pages: [1]   Go Up