INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blue Ray: how to rip & convert to MP4?  (Read 1423 times)

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe
Blue Ray: how to rip & convert to MP4?
« on: November 07, 2014, 10:40:31 am »

I have ripped a Blue Ray to my Laptop with MC. So far, so good, this part worked. However, the BR is about 46GB big on my laptop.
I wanted to convert the Blue Ray on my laptop to MP4 again with MC - I have selected H264-TS 1080 AutoFPS.
After approximately 2h, MC was still stuck at 0%, so I aborted. What did I wrong?

Any chance to rip and convert a Blue Ray directly from the disc to MP4 at my computer?
Which format should I select that the MP4 isn´t bigger than appr. 2-4GB?

Thanks.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
Re: Blue Ray: how to rip & convert to MP4?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 11:05:25 am »

Unless you are stuck playing these files on Apple devices only, I'd personally choose .mkv (there's not a huge difference...)

Makemkv is a great little program that is "supported" verbally by jriver on these forums, and I think most of us users are pretty sold on it.  Not sure about file size, you'd have to play with settings....most of my blu Ray mkv's are probably closer to 4-6 Gb but I'd have to check when I'm at home

Otherwise, I've converted plenty of other formats with MC but never converted an actual blu Ray using it....so my help there is limited

Al ex

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 11:41:51 am »

Unless you are stuck playing these files on Apple devices only, I'd personally choose .mkv (there's not a huge difference...)

Makemkv is a great little program that is "supported" verbally by jriver on these forums, and I think most of us users are pretty sold on it.  Not sure about file size, you'd have to play with settings....most of my blu Ray mkv's are probably closer to 4-6 Gb but I'd have to check when I'm at home

Otherwise, I've converted plenty of other formats with MC but never converted an actual blu Ray using it....so my help there is limited

Well in the audio section, all is under my control (FLAC, sacd, etc :)
In the video section I am limited due to my wife´s iPad - so MP4 is the only choice.

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 12:06:20 pm »

Are you copying these to the iPad or streaming them?
JRemote has an option to transcode video now.

Al ex

Re:
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 12:28:04 pm »

Streaming from a Nas.

There are 1067 movies now on the Nas. Out of them 1066 are in MP4, 1 is in Blu-ray whatever format. This movie must go to MP4 as well...
Pages: [1]   Go Up