INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: Conversion option to strip video?  (Read 965 times)

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
Request: Conversion option to strip video?
« on: November 22, 2014, 08:09:05 pm »

I've got a kids mp3 player and I'd like to sync both video and audio tracks to it.  The audio stuff works, as expected, they get down-converted just fine.  Video, on the other hand, doesn't have an audio output format, just video formats.  I tried and the player won't handle the other .mpg, flv and ts formats.

So how about adding a format for audio only?  Ideally it'd be able to use the same settings as audio conversion.

Yes, this is a bit of an edge case, as many things have screens these days, not just audio-only.  But, then again, I could see this being useful for lots of other devices too.  Like car audio setups.  Not much point in wasting storage space on video if only the audio is going to get used.

Anyway, any shot of adding a format for audio only?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Request: Conversion option to strip video?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 09:34:51 pm »

You can convert video to audio in JRiver currently.  Look in Library Tools --> Convert Format.  There's an option to extract the audio from video.

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Request: Conversion option to strip video?
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 08:55:35 am »

You can convert video to audio in JRiver currently.  Look in Library Tools --> Convert Format.  There's an option to extract the audio from video.
Ok, that's handy.  It'd be nice if it could do this on-the-fly within the device sync action.  I don't "need" to have both the video and the converted audio kept on MC.  But with a little reorganizing I can probably sort it out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up