INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User Defined Keyboard Shortcuts - Can't Figure This Out  (Read 1316 times)

riparius

• Junior Woodchuck
User Defined Keyboard Shortcuts - Can't Figure This Out
« on: November 04, 2014, 02:21:08 pm »

I've edited a number of configuration/.ini files in Notepad over the years, but when I downloaded and attempted to edit the Resource.xml file located at http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/User_Defined_Global_Keyboard_Shortcuts,  I wasn't able to do anything with it, because the instructions in that file don't tell me what I need to know.  I am attempting (for starters) to modify the keyboard shortcut for the play/pause command, which I would like to be initiated by the spacebar (as opposed to ctrl+p), but I can't figure out how to do it.

I'd appreciate it if someone would tell me how to change the play/pause keyboard shortcut, or at least shed some light on the process.

I'm new to MC, and am running the most current version of MC, on a Win 7 64-bit PC.

Thanks for any assistance!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: User Defined Keyboard Shortcuts - Can't Figure This Out
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 02:26:24 pm »

Edit Resource.xml from the install path.

You want to edit the space command from:

<Entry Key="Space" Command="28011" Param="-1" TranslateFlags="32" />
to:
<Entry Key="Space" Command="28011" Param="-1" TranslateFlags="1" />
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

riparius

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 04:01:55 pm »

Matt, thank you very much.  Would you please confirm that when you say "Edit Resource.xml from the install path", you're saying that I should edit the Resource.xml document in the path C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 20\Data\Default Resources—that is, the path to that document as found on my PC—and not follow the instructions found on the webpage that I linked to above?

Also, FWIW, the entry in my Resource.xml document whose command number matches your command number reads slightly different than your text.  Mine reads:

<Entry Command="28011" Param="-1" Key="Space" TranslateFlags="32"/>

So, just to confirm, if I change the TranslateFlags number shown in my entry above from "32" to "1", the space bar will then be in control of the play/pause command?

By the way, I had seen the tables on the Media Center Core Commands webpage, but I couldn't figure out how to make use of the information shown there.

Thanks again!

George

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 04:27:13 pm »

George, I think you're on the right course.  Enjoy!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

riparius

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 09:48:56 am »

Could anyone tell me what edit to make in Resource.xml so that "ctrl + spacebar" issues the "stop" command (normally issued by Ctrl + S)?

Thanks!

George
PS Is there a resource/webpage for editing Resource.xml that is more helpful than the webpages I referred to in my previous posts?  I'd like to have the ability to modify shortcuts in the future without having to bother anyone here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up