INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eq in MJ8.  (Read 909 times)

Mr_X

Eq in MJ8.
« on: January 29, 2002, 08:04:51 am »

Hi;

Downloaded MJ8.0.189, and have some issues with the new way the eq is handled.

1. When I create a custom eq and name it, how do I make changes to that preset (over-write it)? It seems I have to load it, change it, add it and delete the old one. There should be an overwrite button too.
2. The eq settings get screwed up going to a mini-me skin. The "Rotor" skin shows the "EQ10" fader as -12db, even though it's actually 0db. The other 2 skins show the preamp setting at 0db and all the other faders (EQ1 - EQ10) down about -3db, even though they are not in the Mega-Me. The tooltips show EQ1, EQ2, etc., rather than the helpful "80Hz, -3db" tips that are shown in the mega-me. Just had a thought... Maybe these skins are winamp skins and are not 100% compatible??
3. Is there no way to have an option to have the eq shown all the time as it was in MJ7.2?

-Andy

Mr_X

Eq in MJ8.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2002, 06:57:59 pm »

anyone?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
RE:Eq in MJ8.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2002, 07:15:13 pm »

1. Appears to be a bug. But yeah, it looks as though you have to load it, make changes to it, then give it the same name as the one you want to change, then delete the old one. Although both the new one and the old one have the same settings.

2. The Rotar skin was designed for MJ8. It's not a Winamp skin at all. I just checked the XML for that particular skin and the EQ sliders appear to be messed up. The middle one is supposed to be EQ10, but it's mislabeled as "010". The order they're in in the XML is this : 1,2,3,4,5,10,9,8,7,6. The tooltips are set for EQ1, EQ2, etc.

If you're brave, try opening up J River\Media Jukebox\MiniSkins\Rotar\main.xml and replacing the section that starts off with:

with this:

code:

You should see what I mean... it's that whole section that defines the EQ Sliders. It'll look almost identical to what I just posted above, except for some of the values. You may want to copy the main.xml somewhere first so you can go back in case something goes seriously wrong, though.

3. No.

Mr_X

RE:Eq in MJ8.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2002, 09:16:38 pm »

Thanks for your reply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up