INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grouping Movies together  (Read 1678 times)

crawfofd

• World Citizen
Grouping Movies together
« on: November 09, 2014, 07:44:21 am »

Could someone please point me in the right direction. I am having a problem trying to locate this info online.
I want to put movies and/or albums which are of the same type grouped together.  Like all the Star War movies under one icon/image. Or all the disks in a album set under one icon/image. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been searching/reading for hours.

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Grouping Movies together
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 07:55:22 am »

crawfofd

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 10:21:13 pm »

Thanks 6233638, will try later today.

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 06:56:43 am »

Unfortunately, there are no perfect ways of doing this. As I have tested at least. The link # posted will do most of what's needed. But it's a bit of a hazzle of setting up and maintaining.

I hope that JRiver will one day be able do this automatically for box sets. By adding for instance a library field like "Box Set Name" to the library, and collecting this info from the users, we could get a pretty much fully automatic way of adding movies to the same series or box set. Only other thing that probably need tweaking is to include the Box Set grouping in the default views.

Today the info panel is only shown if you are at the bottom level where the files are. So, the small info pane do not work today, with the suggestion given above. So, another thing that could need improving is to add some info on the info panel. Even for Box Sets. Like box set summary. This is also things that could be added by users. As well as calculation of numbers of movies and so on.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 06:58:25 am »

Unfortunately, there are no perfect ways of doing this. As I have tested at least. The link # posted will do most of what's needed. But it's a bit of a hazzle of setting up and maintaining.
It shouldn't be too difficult to maintain if you're just trying to group movie series' together. Once it's set up, you just add the series tag to the appropriate films.

If you're trying to group things like bonus materials together, then it does get more complicated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up