INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't play Audio CD, MFC42.DLL  (Read 637 times)

cary

Can't play Audio CD, MFC42.DLL
« on: January 28, 2002, 06:46:21 pm »

1. Error playing Audio CDs with win98:
The MEDIA JUKEBOX.EXE file is linked to missing export MFC42.DLL

A device attached to the system is not functioning.

To fix the problem open My Computer, Tools, Folder Options, File Types, Select CD Audio Track and remove.

Van Tran

RE:Can't play Audio CD, MFC42.DLL
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2002, 11:51:21 pm »

I've the same problem.  Was able to play audio CD after unchecking the CDDB option.  However, I DO want the CDDB lookup, how do I correct this?  The CDDB nickname is {B87A857B-7FC2-407B-AF31-D61BAB19E917}.  I tried to register with CDDB with my own nickname and password but unable to do so.  I get this internal error: The object requested is not in local cache.  Please help!  Otherwise, I will have to go back to MusicMatch.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2002, 04:29:32 am »

Could be a conflict between two versions of CDDB, one for MJ and one for another music program.  If so, uninstalling the other program and reinstalling MJ should work.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Van Tran

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2002, 07:39:28 am »

Thanks, Jim, for the advice.  There might be a conflict with MusicMatch.  I am hesistant to uninstall MusicMatch as there are some features that I like, especially the "Look Up Tag". Wish MJ would include this very convenience feature. However, I installed MJ Beta 8.0 and the conflict is gone!  Will use beta after some more testings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up