INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wrong Movie Backgrounds in Theater View  (Read 1831 times)

AVTechMan

• World Citizen
Wrong Movie Backgrounds in Theater View
« on: January 02, 2015, 08:45:30 am »

I've been working on this half of the night, using a test library on my laptop to get my tags correct before importing all the files to my library server for the clients. I've been doing an auto-import on a few movies, having the year after the title, say for example 'Clash of the Titans (1981).mkv'.

Trouble is, during the import, it gets the cover correct, but gets the info wrong and the background images are of the 2010 remake, not the 1981 version, even after getting the correct data from the 'Get Movie and TV Info'. There are several movies I have with this problem (this is why I hate remakes!) with the file structure correct, but the wrong info and background images. I've cleared the test library and reverted the database fields to default a few times, but still the same result when I import them.

Is there anyway to get this correct? When I had MB3, it had all the correct background images and art for all my movies.

I also need to figure out how to add cover art for my movie boxsets like Resident Evil and the like. Has anyone been able to add the cover art for boxsets, similar to that with TV Shows?

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Wrong Movie Backgrounds in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 08:57:59 am »

You can manually override which entry it uses in "Get Movie and TV Info", it'll present a dialog and let you override. This will clear up any info and the poster used in navigation.

For the backgrounds, unfortunately there isn't a solution, as we only have the name to perform a lookup, but perhaps we can add the year as an additional factor there somehow, I'll have to check the API we use. I'll consider it.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 09:35:35 am »

This was easier than I feared it might be, so in the next build:
Changed: The Release Year is taken into account when acquiring Theater View background artwork for movies.
Changed: During import, the matching entry from TheMovieDB is selected based on the release year, if available.

Of course this only works if the date tag is properly filled, ie. by manually running Get Movie & TV Info and picking the appropriate entry, or during import having the date in the filename/path.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

AVTechMan

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 05:07:02 pm »

That would be awesome. It simply would just suck to browse through a movie and see the backgrounds from a different version....just wouldn't look right. Yes I have no problem getting the correct data and image for the movie, just the incorrect background images.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 12:15:21 am »

Any chance that we could get TMDB lookup finding movies where the [name] field is Title ([year])?
Currently, it mostly fails if the year is part of the name field for TMDB, giving only Rotten Tomatoes entries instead.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 02:34:52 am »

Any chance that we could get TMDB lookup finding movies where the [name] field is Title ([year])?
Currently, it mostly fails if the year is part of the name field for TMDB, giving only Rotten Tomatoes entries instead.

Examples? Do you mean you have the year in your library title, or TMDB has it in their title?
The latter would likely be their own search failing I guess.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 01:17:40 am »

My name field incorporates the year of the movie if there is more than one movie of that title. However, TMDB doesn't like this and the get movie and tv info command fails to find anything from TMDB. I end up with (imo) sub-par descriptions and cover art from rotten tomatoes.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 04:49:25 am »

I suppose I could try parsing that year out before asking TMDB. I'll try to do it soon.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 04:00:25 am »

In the next build:
7. Changed: TheMovieDB lookup supports titles in the format "[Name] ([Year])".
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up