INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnails have become letterboxed  (Read 882 times)

Mike Foran

• World Citizen
Thumbnails have become letterboxed
« on: November 16, 2014, 02:04:14 pm »

I have a large library of animation shorts which I have spent a fair amount of time creating thumbnails from screengrabs of the title cards. They displayed very nicely, properly cropped to the size of the image. Suddenly, however, they have begun to be displayed in a vertical aspect frame with large letterboxing on the top and bottom. On some thumbnails it appears that MC attempted to average the letterbox color to match the card, but most of the letterboxing is black.

Why is this happening all of a sudden? The jpg images that the thumbnails are being created from are unchanged. I cannot find a parameter for thumbnail information to change the aspect. Recreating the thumbnail from a new screen grab doesn't solve the issue.

I know it sounds like a minor thing, but I enjoy browsing the shorts via the title cards and now I can barely see them shrunk with the thick black bars in the thumbnails.

Any advice?

Mike Foran

• World Citizen
Re: Thumbnails have become letterboxed
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 02:24:17 pm »

As an addendum to this issue, it appears to be related to the command "Get Movie & TV Info." Although I chose NOT to use the thumbnails that came through, there appears to be an (invisible?) tag parameter that changes the thumbnail dimensions based on artwork it is not importing. Once it is changed I cannot find a way to change it back. Deleteing the thumbnail and creating a new one does not work. Re-importing the file does not work. The parameter follows the file, making me think it's in the metadata.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Foran

• World Citizen
Re: Thumbnails have become letterboxed
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 02:35:32 pm »

Ok, I solved the issue. The aspect changed because I changed the Media Sub-Type to 'Movie" in order to take advantage of the online database info. When I change this parameter back to "Short" the thumbnail returns to it's proper formatting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up