INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC20 library not updating, library on Unraid server  (Read 2258 times)

flydeep

• Junior Woodchuck
MC20 library not updating, library on Unraid server
« on: November 18, 2014, 12:12:01 pm »

Hi -

Need suggestions on how to resolve this import issue that has been bothering me for more than a year. I have multiple folder shares residing on an Unraid NAS server, the total library is about 20TB. One particular folder "VideoSongs" does not autorefresh/import in MC20. However other project folders like MOVIES gets updated as expected. The only way I can update the library for VideoSongs is to go to explorer \\UNRAIDNAS\, right click on VideoSongs folder and click on "import in MediaCenter". I have configured autoimport to read files from the LAN path directly- \\UNRAIDNAS\VideoSongs. I have also tried auto importing the folder based on a drive map and the issue still exists. What gives that one folder share gets imported correctly while the other does not?

If it helps, I have the shares enabled in smb in NAS.

Thanks.
--
Win 8.1 Pro (GTX 960, BENQ HT1075), Win 10 Pro (GTX 950, Sony KDLW900A) KVMs on Unraid 6.1.9, 8GB DDR3 +2 vCPU each, i7-4790, Asrock Z97 ex6, Denon 3313CI, Emotiva XPA5 amp, KEF Q900s, 600c, Mirage OMD15s, PSA 3x XS30SE

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: MC20 library not updating, library on Unraid server
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 12:54:35 pm »

Do you have any problems playing or accessing files in that directory?  I've seen similar issues when filesystem permissions were not set correctly for one folder (but were set correctly for other folders).

Are all of your disks using the same filesystem?  Is is it possible one of them is formatted in a file system that doesn't report events and the folder is located on that disk, etc. etc?

flydeep

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 01:26:26 pm »

I have checked the permissions on the NAS and as far as I can tell from the settings, all the shares are setup identically. All the disks (16 in total) are formatted as reiserfs and are identical to each other. Once imported, MC20 can play and delete files without issues. It is just the importing part that does not happen automatically.

Coming back to the basics, how does MC20 update the existence of new files on a network share? If this is the root of the issue, maybe I can ask in the Unraid forums to see how I can check this manually.

Is there a way that I can setup a link for manual refresh of the auto-import in the theaterview mode?

Do you have any problems playing or accessing files in that directory?  I've seen similar issues when filesystem permissions were not set correctly for one folder (but were set correctly for other folders).

Are all of your disks using the same filesystem?  Is is it possible one of them is formatted in a file system that doesn't report events and the folder is located on that disk, etc. etc?
--
Win 8.1 Pro (GTX 960, BENQ HT1075), Win 10 Pro (GTX 950, Sony KDLW900A) KVMs on Unraid 6.1.9, 8GB DDR3 +2 vCPU each, i7-4790, Asrock Z97 ex6, Denon 3313CI, Emotiva XPA5 amp, KEF Q900s, 600c, Mirage OMD15s, PSA 3x XS30SE

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 02:58:08 pm »

I have checked the permissions on the NAS and as far as I can tell from the settings, all the shares are setup identically. All the disks (16 in total) are formatted as reiserfs and are identical to each other. Once imported, MC20 can play and delete files without issues. It is just the importing part that does not happen automatically.

Coming back to the basics, how does MC20 update the existence of new files on a network share? If this is the root of the issue, maybe I can ask in the Unraid forums to see how I can check this manually.

MC monitors filesystem events and initiates an auto-import when a filesystem event relating to one of the watched directories occurs.  I have a homemade NAS using ext4 filesystems shared through samba, and the filesystem events work more or less normally.  Once in a while MC will miss new content showing up, but it's not linked to a specific directory, it's just random.  Having the filesystem events not show up for one specific directory points to something unusual about that directory or the disk it's on.  

If you've checked the permissions for the directory, have you tried using smartmontools to evaluate the physical health of the disks?

Is there a way that I can setup a link for manual refresh of the auto-import in the theaterview mode?

I believe that's an open feature request right now; there's probably a way to do it through the automation interface though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up