INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving Lots of Files  (Read 1296 times)

Chronic

• World Citizen
Moving Lots of Files
« on: November 29, 2014, 05:42:18 am »

When moving a considerable amount of files, is there a way to 'push' JRiver into transferring them? (Tried clicking refresh)

I recently installed a new 4TB internal HD for all my Video/Music files, i've moved a bunch of movies across using 'Rename, Move & Copy files' tool in JRiver, but after transferring a few it seems to just stop and do nothing, the filepath is changed in JRiver but checking my new HD there's only a handful of the Movies on there and no new ones coming through

Maybe i should just move the files with windows after changing the directory in JRiver?

Thanks for any tips

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Moving Lots of Files
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 07:55:00 am »

I did this recently by just moving the files with Windows Explorer and then used Rename, Copy, Replace to change the path name. Worked fine.

Chronic

• World Citizen
Re: Moving Lots of Files
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 09:48:54 am »

Seems that is the most reliable way, i like using JRiver to move the files as it keeps things organized, leaves behind separate folders etc... but it seems using windows to move files works more reliably

I also noticed lots of my movies are marked as 'read only' for some reaosn which stops me being able to move them with JRiver
Pages: [1]   Go Up