INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New: WDM driver and ASIO  (Read 1988 times)

BayensF

• World Citizen
New: WDM driver and ASIO
« on: November 25, 2014, 01:23:00 am »

Hi all,

I am using DSP to filter the signal for my 3 way active loudspeakers. difibay.synology.me/index.html.

So it would be great to use WDM with REW to be able to measure the signal. Will this work?
I want to know before trying....trying is most of the time ending with smoking a tweater. :o

Thanks for anyone that can confirm it will work with ASIO.

Anders B

Re: New: WDM driver and ASIO
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 07:57:39 am »

Sorry I wrote in the wrong thread!

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 08:03:36 am »

Hi all,

I am using DSP to filter the signal for my 3 way active loudspeakers. difibay.synology.me/index.html.

So it would be great to use WDM with REW to be able to measure the signal. Will this work?
I want to know before trying....trying is most of the time ending with smoking a tweater. :o

Thanks for anyone that can confirm it will work with ASIO.

JRiver has had an ASIO input driver for much longer than it's had the WDM driver.  So, while the WDM driver doesn't work with ASIO, you can use ASIO to communicate with JRiver using JRiver's ASIO driver instead.

However, I haven't used REW for ASIO measurement lately, but at one point I recall that its ASIO mode required that both input and output be the same audio device.  If that's still true, you won't be able to use ASIO to route your audio through JRiver, but you could still use the normal non-ASIO playback options which would work with the WDM driver (which is what I typically do in REW).  

If you have trouble keeping the connection open, you can use JRiver's manual WASAPI loopback instead of the WDM driver (because the WDM driver disconnects after ten seconds of silence).

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 08:17:03 am »

However, I haven't used REW for ASIO measurement lately, but at one point I recall that its ASIO mode required that both input and output be the same audio device.  If that's still true, you won't be able to use ASIO to route your audio through JRiver, but you could still use the normal non-ASIO playback options which would work with the WDM driver (which is what I typically do in REW).  
I use my mixer app to do this so that REW talks to the RME ASIO interface only & and I loopback the output channel to the input in TotalMix (the RME mixer app), JRiver ASIO line in is then opened to accept input from those 2 channels. This might be an option for you if you have a loopback function in your audio device.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 08:24:35 am »

I use my mixer app to do this so that REW talks to the RME ASIO interface only & and I loopback the output channel to the input in TotalMix (the RME mixer app), JRiver ASIO line in is then opened to accept input from those 2 channels. This might be an option for you if you have a loopback function in your audio device.

That does sound like a good solution for OP if his card supports it.  He might also be able to use the ASIOBridge application to kludge something if his soundcard doesn't support it (as I understand it allows for complex routing).

For my part, I only use REW for measurement on Linux (where ASIO isn't on the table); I'm still a Holm fan on the windows side (although some of the recent improvements in REW are very encouraging)  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up