INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tag issues with some files  (Read 1630 times)

qiking

• Recent member
Tag issues with some files
« on: November 26, 2014, 01:48:58 am »

Hi all, most of the time I have no issues with Media Center however lately I re-imported my library and some albums show two of the same song listing but both show as being in the exact same place on the hard drive and after double checking confirmed that there is only one file but two listings of the song in my library. Now being that it is happening to a handful of albums it is only a small Pain in the arse. Still if there is any known way to fix this problem I would sure like to hear about it. If you have made it this far, thanks for reading this.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tag issues with some files
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 06:11:24 am »

Hi

check to see if there are cue files in the album folders for these files.  Check the file extensions of these files do they have a number in them like *.flac,1 or something like that?

If this is only a handful, I'd restore the library and reconfigure autoimport to exclude cue files, unless you need these for a specific reason (like SACDs ripped to iso). The force an autoimport again. See if this sorts itself.

There are a number of posts on this (search CUE files and you'll find them)

If you have no cue files, would have to look elsewhere, but its the first thing that comes  to mind, as it sounds pretty similar to other peoples issues.

qiking

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 01:06:50 pm »

Thanks for your reply, and yes it was a cue file problem. Again thanks.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 02:31:37 pm »

Thanks for your reply, and yes it was a cue file problem. Again thanks.

sure no problem, glad you're sorted out. And welcome to the forum :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up