INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advantages of MC  (Read 1762 times)

bjb

Advantages of MC
« on: November 23, 2014, 04:19:25 pm »

What are the advantages of MC 20 over iTunes for computer audio? Can't seem to find a simple list.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Advantages of MC
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 04:28:22 pm »

That's a big question, and has a lot of answers.

Delivering your audio to the audio hardware in the best possible way is one important one.  Supporting more formats is another important one.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bjb

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 10:02:56 am »

Thanks for the response. I just didn't find it easy to get started with the trial version so I thought I'd go back to using iTunes while I read more about MC but then iTunes wouldn't work as long as MC was installed. So I had to uninstall MC while I figure out whether there are advantages to MC that will make me want to purchase it. Not sure it's worth it since my primary interest is audio.

riparius

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 10:22:28 am »

I have both MC and iTunes installed, with no problems.  I don't see any reason why iTunes would not work simply because MC is installed.  MC may, when you installed it, have associated itself with some file types that were previously associated with iTunes, but that's easily fixed.  

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 11:33:05 am »

And don't forget all the features that allow remote control of MC.  I use very many of them in my home automation system.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 01:03:43 pm »

I have both MC and iTunes installed, with no problems.  I don't see any reason why iTunes would not work simply because MC is installed.  MC may, when you installed it, have associated itself with some file types that were previously associated with iTunes, but that's easily fixed.  

This.  I have both iTunes and MC installed on several machines (both PC and Mac) and there are no problems with doing so.  You CAN have issues if you point them both to the same file in the same location and then starting updating tags since the tags in the file and the tags in the library will get out of sync - but iTunes mostly ignores the file tags post import anyway so that will be limited.

shAf

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 09:42:54 pm »

Thanks for the response. I just didn't find it easy to get started with the trial version so I thought I'd go back to using iTunes while I read more about MC but then iTunes wouldn't work as long as MC was installed. So I had to uninstall MC while I figure out whether there are advantages to MC that will make me want to purchase it. Not sure it's worth it since my primary interest is audio.

MC may have been configured for exclusive access to your audio. Did iTunes appear to play but no sound?
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
Pages: [1]   Go Up