INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simultaneous Playback from multiple Zones to RME Madiface XT  (Read 900 times)

Bccc1

• Junior Woodchuck
Simultaneous Playback from multiple Zones to RME Madiface XT
« on: November 24, 2014, 09:20:15 am »

Hello,

I recently bought a RME Madiface XT to replace my Focusrite Saffire PRO40 and though the device itself is quite amazing, I've run into some trouble getting Multi-Client-ASIO Playback to work.
My old Saffire used to allow multiple programms to output to the same channel which was then internally mixed together.
RME just allows one application to output to a specific channel. That wouldn't be a problem as the madiface has 192 softwareplayback channels, but I can't get this to work with MC. For my headphone zones for example, headphone and headphone loopback, I set zone 1 to ASIO MADIface USB [ASIO], Channel offset 0, Channels: 2 channels and zone 2 to ASIO MADIface USB [ASIO], Channel offset 2, Channels: 2 channels.
So zone 1 plays to 1/2 and zone 2 plays to 3/4, which works so far. But when I start simultaneous playback, e.g. using the wdm driver while listening to music in zone1, the second one doesn't start and the first one distorts heavily. It seems to me, JRiver is allocating more channels than it should.

So, am I doing something wrong or is this JRMCs fault?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Simultaneous Playback from multiple Zones to RME Madiface XT
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 11:13:39 am »

I can't help with your specific situation as I have a FireFace 800 however I did used to have a saffire pro24 so have also gone from focusrite to rme. I found that I need to use the steinberg multiclient if I want multiple things to access the device at once whereas with the saffire it would just work. If this works then it suggests the problem is on the RME side.
Pages: [1]   Go Up