INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Intel Pocket Concert work with MJ  (Read 700 times)

markctpr

Does Intel Pocket Concert work with MJ
« on: January 27, 2002, 04:27:24 am »

I'm thinking of picking up an Intel Pocket Concert MP3 player and am wondering if anyone has used one with MJ.  Intel is no longer making these but they are well reviewed and very reasonably priced right now.

MJC

Gatobrit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
RE:Does Intel Pocket Concert work with MJ
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2002, 12:24:34 pm »

Unfortunately no.

I believe that J River tried to get info from Intel in order to write a plug-in but didn't succeed because they were ignored by Intel. My attempts to prod Intel into action only resulted in them pulling out of the Pocket Concert product all together.

It's a bummer because the unit is a great little player.
Namaste,
John

markctpr

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2002, 10:45:24 am »

Thanks so much..

So much for that purchase...  I'm really hating my Rio800 and am looking for another player.  My requirements are:

1.  Needs to work with MJ
2.  Needs a FM radio
3.  Needs at least 128mb and should be compact flash based.

The Intel lookeed great but is out of the running if it violates rule #1. Any suggestions?

XOR42

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2002, 08:57:27 pm »

Well, let us not forget that MusicMatch Jukebox, MJ's chief competitor, has a Pocket Concert driver.  Also, as of Feb 9, 2002, Intel is still advertising and selling the Pocket Concert and its newest little brother with colored skins.  Their "audio player" division also still has a web site.  I'd not jump to any conclusions just yet.  The plug isn't pulled till the channel dries up. Based on the shear number of units in the field and it's excellent specifications and performance, I would keep trying to get the specs for it, reverse engineering, if necessary.  There's new driver for XP out for it as well for Windows Media Player.  If MusicMatch Jukebox supports it, they had to get the specs from somewhere.
Pages: [1]   Go Up