INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio questions  (Read 680 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Radio questions
« on: January 26, 2002, 09:44:26 am »

I've been fiddling with the Web Media section, and have some questions.

In the Add a New Radio Station box, the following tip appears:

TIP
Sort radio stations alphabetically to make them easier to find OR use the keyword search.

1) What does this mean?  Does it apply to *adding* a new station (I can't see how it would be relevant there) or does it mean that I can sort the list under "My Stations".  
2) And if it's the later, how do I do it?
3) and what does "keyword search" refer to?  Is this just the standard "find" in Media Jukebox?  I don't think it refers to the specific "Find Stations" under Web Media, because there the find is limited to genre or speed.
4) Also, what does the "All Stations" field mean in the Radio Search box (next to genre and speed)?  There is no drop down associated with it, and when I just typed in a station, I got the message "Currently No Stations Listed for this genre".
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

lise

• MC Beta Team
RE:Radio questions
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2002, 10:54:44 am »

bumping
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Shawn Rebelo

• World Citizen
  • Web, Multimedia Developer, Graphic Designer, ProgrammerFood, Music, Art
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2002, 11:32:03 am »

I will reply to this even though you bumped it.

#TIP
#Sort radio stations alphabetically to make them easier to find OR use the keyword search.

#1) What does this mean? Does it apply to *adding* a new station (I can't see how it would be relevant there) or does it mean that I can sort the list under "My Stations".

It is refering to the above paragraph. It is saying to sort through the current stations first to see if the station is already listed.

#2) And if it's the later, how do I do it?

DO not know what you mean here.

#3) and what does "keyword search" refer to? Is this just the standard "find" in Media Jukebox? I don't think it refers to the specific "Find Stations" under Web Media, because there the find is limited to genre or speed.

It is refering to the form field where it says "All Stations". You would enter, say "BBC".

#4) Also, what does the "All Stations" field mean in the Radio Search box (next to genre and speed)? There is no drop down associated with it, and when I just typed in a station, I got the message "Currently No Stations Listed for this genre".

If the sation you entered does not associate with the genre selected, it will return "Currently No Stations Listed for this genre". If left as "-- All Genres --" or selecting the correct genre, then it should display the searched station. If left as all stations, it will return all stations. Same thing for speed.
Shawn Rebelo
JRiver, Inc
Sr. Web Master

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2002, 12:36:57 pm »

Hi Shawn, thanks for the reply.

>If the sation you entered does not associate with the genre selected, it will return "Currently No Stations Listed for this genre". If left as "-- All Genres --" or selecting the correct genre, then it should display the searched station. If left as all stations, it will return all stations. Same thing for speed.

Ok.  But even if you leave it set to --All Genres--, if the station isn't in the list, you get the "Currently NO Stations Listed for this genre" message.  It's just a bit confusing.  I would have expected something like "this station is unavailable" or "not in the database" or "doesn't exist".  I thought perhaps there was a bug.

>#TIP
>#Sort radio stations alphabetically to make them easier to find OR use the keyword search.
>It is refering to the above paragraph. It is saying to sort through the current stations first to see if the station is already listed.

So instead of "sort ... to make them easier to find" it actually means "the list is sorted in alphabetical order, to make it easier to find..."?  (sounds an awful lot like what grammar check does when it comes across a sentence in the passive mode...Next Page

>#3) and what does "keyword search" refer to? Is this just the standard "find" in Media Jukebox? I don't think it refers to the specific "Find Stations" under Web Media, because there the find is limited to genre or speed.

>It is refering to the form field where it says "All Stations". You would enter, say "BBC".

Ok.  I didn't know that "Keywords" was supposed to be the "ALl Stations" field.
Pages: [1]   Go Up