INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guide Not Updating Automatically Since 11/16  (Read 1865 times)

greynolds

• Citizen of the Universe
Guide Not Updating Automatically Since 11/16
« on: November 26, 2014, 04:57:03 pm »

I was just checking on upcoming recordings and nothing was scheduled, which seems odd.  So I went through and checked the Guide settings, which indicated that the last guide update happened on 11/16.  I've got it configured to run daily guide updates in the background and always leave JRiver MC running (it is usually left in Theater View).  What could have caused the auto updates to stop?  I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days to see if the auto updates resume.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Guide Not Updating Automatically Since 11/16
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 07:35:02 pm »

Is your PC allowed to go to sleep?

If so, whether by design or a failure of the program, MC doesn't seem to wake up to process a Guide Update. It will (should) try to do the update later when the PC wakes up, if it misses an update. But there were some changes in that area a while back, so something may be amiss.

I have a Windows Scheduled Task set up to wake my HTPC five minutes before the schedule Guide Load process in MC. That has been the only reliable way to get the Guide to update. This makes me very unhappy. But I have to run a Windows Scheduled Task to get my EPG anyway, since MC kills the process before it finishes occasionally, when it runs over 20 minutes. So I work around MC's shortcomings. That makes me very unhappy as well.

It is a pain in the backside that the only way to find out that the Guide hasn't been updating is to scroll the Guide to the right in the Guide to see how many days ahead you have, or to look at the "To Be Recorded" list in Standard View. It would be very nice if there was some reporting of a failed Guide Load process, probably via email.

BTW it would pay to note your MC version in new threads with issues like this, because there have been quite a few updates recently. I'm still on 20.0.33, waiting for the WDM issues to settle down.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

greynolds

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 08:27:13 pm »

Is your PC allowed to go to sleep?
No, it's configured to be on all the time.  I've run into too many issues over the years trying to get sleep modes to coexist with various software.

BTW it would pay to note your MC version in new threads with issues like this, because there have been quite a few updates recently. I'm still on 20.0.33, waiting for the WDM issues to settle down.
I'm on 20.0.37, so it looks like I was mistaken as I'm 1 or 2 released versions behind (I know they don't release every version they include in the release notes).

The guide had been updating fine until (apparently) 11/16, which might be around the time I installed 20.0.37.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 09:19:44 pm »

MC always performed the Guide Load process if my HTPC was turned on in the past. I just have trouble waking it up.

The exception to that is the rules around running the process too soon after another Guide Load process is run. MC waits an hour after the last run for internal processes (I assume the actual load and review of the EPG, looking for new recordings, and changing old ones). In the past there were rules about not running the Guide Load process if it had been run that day, and similar, but we got that changed. Now it should be run as scheduled, but will be delayed the hour if a previous run has just occurred.

If the process doesn't start working again, maybe edit and save the settings you have, to write them back into the database. Sometimes things get out of whack during updates. They shouldn't, but  . . .
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 10:17:33 am »

Don't know if it is related, I just assumed it was a zap2xml issue...but I had the same thing happen...when I ran it through manually, I had to re-associate all of my channel mappings.  that was only a day ago, so not sure if that took care of the issue or not.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 01:00:22 pm »

yep...I seem to be having the same issue...I just imported the xmltv file that should have been imported last night, and gained 2 more days worth of data, which means it is not auto running like it should...

greynolds

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 02:05:44 pm »

Before I posted my initial question, I went through the guide setup to confirm things were configured properly and the guide updated at that time.  Since then, it has updated every day as it's supposed to.  I suppose it's possible that one of the MC updates that I installed somehow stepped on some setting that disabled the updates and going through the setup again fixed it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up