INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get channels to show up (HD HOMERUN)  (Read 8819 times)

dreamreamer

• Recent member
Can't get channels to show up (HD HOMERUN)
« on: November 18, 2014, 07:18:19 pm »

I have the hd homerun (SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual HDHR3-US HD Digital Network Attached TV Tuner Device ) and I can't get any channels to show up in jriver. First of all, I did have this working for the last year with version 19/20 on another computer. About a month ago I had trouble where it would start to record but stop and remove the record file. I couldn't figure it out and ended up uninstalling it. I am on a different computer with a fresh install of windows 8.1 with all updates and jriver meida center 20. On wired network with windows defender/firewall disabled for testing. Cable company is Service Electric Allentown, PA. The HDHomerun program quickly found all channels and each one opens quickly and displays clearly.

I tried as much as I could think of; in the hdhomerun setup I tried selecting jriver, other atsc/quam, other registery, and each time I did, in jriver I did a slow scan of most options; Digital -> and either atsc or qam and each of the qam frequencies. I then tried this on a laptop computer and used the wireless connection with no luck.

I realize that only so much help can be offered, but any suggestions are appreciated. Below is a log of a channel scan I just did incase it helps.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Can't get channels to show up (HD HOMERUN)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 10:18:37 am »

Sorry about the troubles.  This is puzzling.

In the beginning, about 80 channels, there was no lock at all.  Then we started getting signal locks.  Unfortunately, with each locked channel, we failed to get any virtual channel information (error "failed to get section").

Please try this following (if you have not already tried):

Run "HDHomeRun Setup".  Go to Advanced tab.  BDA  Driver, Virtual Channel Table Mode, select "Inject CVCT".  If still does not work, try other selections (usually it is set at "Auto").
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

polemides

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 07:14:17 pm »

I'm sure you've done this, but make sure no other firewalls are in place via router or any additional security software.  Just for kicks, disable User Account Control if you haven't already (I don't know anyone who leaves this on...)

Check the "Tuner" tab in the HDHomerun Setup software and ensure that "Digital Cable" is selected.

I had a similar issue on a Windows 7 computer I setup recently.

dreamreamer

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 07:30:42 pm »

The "Inject CVCT" trick seems to work. I didnt get to test it out fully (will this weekend), but the channels showed up and it recorded fine. Thank you!

hedude100

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 08:09:31 pm »

All,

For USA JRiver users (20.0.xx or 19.0.xxx), using the latest HDHomerun driver for Windows 20141124 you can do the following to get 68 clear-QAM channels for JRiver MC:

1st In HDHomerun Setup:
1) Application Tab: Select "Other ATSC/Remap"
2) Tuner Inputs Tab: Source Type "Digital Cable". Make sure status is OK
3) After scanning HDHomerun for all clear QAM channels, in Digital Cable tab, you must check "Enable" column to select up to 68 channels. You will see HDHomerun automatically fills in the "Remap" column with remapped channel value from 2-69

After you configure HDHomerun as above, you will see that JRiver TV has two HDHomerun Devices: 0 and 1
1) configure both TV devices using ATSC, not QAM
2) Country: USA and "Scan for channels..." Select "Digital", next Select "ATSC" and you will see that JRiver will get all 68 channels you have "Enable" in HDHomerun.

Enjoy

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 11:33:58 am »

Thanks hedude for posting this method.

According to a SiliconDust tech support guy, this method (remapping QAM to ATSC) is no longer strictly needed.  Choosing "J River Media Center" as the main application and doing QAM scan directly should work (make sure you use the latest HDHomeRun driver).  Unfortunately comcast no longer provide any clear QAM channels in my area, so I can not test this any more.  Last time I tested, when comcast still had clear QAM in my area, it worked fine.

It is good to have an alternative way though.

In either case, running scan inside HDHomeRun Setup, and making sure the channels are enabled after the scan is good advice.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up