INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio garbled when bitstreaming is disabled  (Read 1017 times)

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
Audio garbled when bitstreaming is disabled
« on: December 07, 2014, 09:07:21 pm »

I am using MC 20.044 at the moment but I have seen this kind of problem in the past too.

I started watching Sunday Night Football but I noticed that bitstreaming was enabled. I stopped the playback and disabled bitstreaming. When I restarted playing the program, the audio was all distorted. It sounds like it is playing at about 1/10 normal speed. I switched to 60 Minutes and saw the same effect. When I switched to a PBS recording of Foyle's War, there was no audio problem. There was also no audio problem when I played back a music file.

It seems to me that the obvious difference is that the first two files are using surround sound and the second two are probably just stereo files. I switched back to bitstreaming and the distortion disappeared. I checked DSP effects and I don't think I have enabled anything there. The number of channels is "same as source" and I am not doing any sample rate conversion.
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Audio garbled when bitstreaming is disabled
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 09:05:29 am »

What if you pick "2 channels" in DSP Studio as a test?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up