INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to list 2 disc sets only?  (Read 1737 times)

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
how to list 2 disc sets only?
« on: November 30, 2014, 06:43:57 am »

Guess my brain isn't working this morning, can't figure out a simple search string.

I am looking for a custom search to find all my albums in my collection that contain 2 discs only, I have albums containing up to 14 discs.

thanks

Terry

ferday

• MC Beta Team
Re: how to list 2 disc sets only?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 12:00:45 pm »

there is no simple search string, that's why you can't find it

you'll need to set a variable (i always set mine in a smartlist), then in your view scheme, or in the smartlist view scheme, set an expression that matches the variable

in the smartlist, edit smartlist > import / export, and paste the following:  (note, this expression also pulls # of tracks from each disc, i didn't want to separate them and mess the code)

Code: [Select]
[=save(0,v_tracks-[album artist (auto)]-[album]-[disc #])1]=1 [=save(math(1+load(v_tracks-[album artist (auto)]-[album]-[disc #])),v_tracks-[album artist (auto)]-[album]-[disc #])1]=1 [=save(0,v_discs_[album artist (auto)]_[album])1]=1 [=save(math(max(max(0[disc #],1),load(v_discs_[album artist (auto)]_[album]))), v_discs_[album artist (auto)]_[album])1]=1 [Media Type]=[Audio]
now either in the view you want, or in the smartlist, make a new column with "expression" and paste the following into the expression editor:

firstnotempty([Disc #,0],1) of load(v_discs_[album artist (auto)]_[album])
and if you want the # of tracks paste another column with this

[Track #] of load(v_tracks-[album artist (auto)]-[album]-[disc #])
the results of the above, will be a view (column) that will say 1 of 1, 1 of 2, 3 of 4, etc. so it extracts the # discs and then concatenates "disc #" of "# discs"
if you just paste

load(v_discs_[album artist (auto)]_[album])

it will just show the # of discs in the "set" which is based in this case on album artists (auto) combined with album name.  i haven't done this exactly yet, so i'd have to play with it to make the exact thing to show that you want

In fair credit I'm 99% sure I got the original code from mr C.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 12:50:13 pm »

the "easier" way is to make a custom field of type integer (call it # discs or whatever) and manually populate it, so if the set has 12 discs you'd enter 12 for your search string

it's way easier to do, but you have to manually tag all your sets

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 12:23:52 pm »

I would use smartlists to help me with the second approach... First make the custom field ("# discs or whatever") - make sure you set up the field so that it applies to an entire album as opposed to an artist or track. 

Then, if 14 is the highest number of discs in a given set in your library, make a smartlist that looks for empty "# discs" field and also has disc number = 14.  Select all the tracks that show up and fill in your "# discs" field.  Then edit the smartlist to look for 13s... then 12s... etc. 

Once you have everything manually filled in you can make a library view that is limited to showing only albums with "# discs" = 2.

- Peter

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 08:17:43 pm »

Thanks for the help guys, will look into it.

Terry :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up