INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some playlists empty after moving files?  (Read 1382 times)

Chronic

• World Citizen
Some playlists empty after moving files?
« on: November 30, 2014, 12:17:23 pm »

I moved all my files onto a new HD, everything seemed to be working great, all organized and updated, lovely feeling, but now i see some of my playlists are empty, is there anyway to get them back?

Really appreciate any help with this

ps I have tried restoring from a backup, but the only time the playlists go back to normal is when the backup goes far enough back that the directories point to the old HD's file directory, so it seems the playlists are not picking up the new directory of the songs

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Some playlists empty after moving files?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 01:08:48 pm »

move the files with Library tool rename, move copy, should update them. IF you move them by windows explorer you are probably going to have to rename the paths. If however you moved all of your library from one disk to another, then you can just repoint the database to the new location (same tool).

Chronic

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 02:34:29 pm »

Id've liked to have just moved everything using the 'rename,move & copy' tool but it didn't seem to work as fast as explorer, and some files were marked read only and i was moving about 2.5TB around

As currently all is on my new HD, theres no filepath to change to really but i selected all audio files, use  'rename,move & copy' tool to 'update database to new location' and still no playlists

Maybe i should restore to where it's the old drives location then point all the files to the new location? Seems silly to do so when after configuring auto import JRiver picked up almost everything as i transfered with explorer automatically

Its weird that there are some playlists with tracks, others some, some none

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 05:35:04 am »

not sure ... sorry. Maybe they were imported playlists? They no longer have any track associations at all ? well that won't work ...

Possible to do a fake restore and get them back? making sure the restore playlist option is checked.  You could do an export and then reimport them. Then change the path names (or do it externally in a text editor like Notepad++?)

Chronic

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 06:19:27 am »

It seems it was only 2 or 3 playlists that got affected so i'm living with it this time, thanks for the help though ;)

I will actually try the export/changing filepath though to see if it works
Pages: [1]   Go Up