INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ps3 streams video very choppy  (Read 1615 times)

gigglez

• Recent member
ps3 streams video very choppy
« on: January 14, 2015, 01:59:26 pm »

When I try and play video through the ps3 through media center dlna it won't stream continuously.  It is very choppy.  Is there a setting I am missing?  It streams fine then starts stuttering and then I press pause and then wait 10 seconds then play it streams ok then it starts stuttering again.  When I play amazon prime it is fine so I don't think it is a signal issue. 

Thanks!!!

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: ps3 streams video very choppy
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 11:34:16 am »

When I try and play video through the ps3 through media center dlna it won't stream continuously.  It is very choppy.  Is there a setting I am missing?  It streams fine then starts stuttering and then I press pause and then wait 10 seconds then play it streams ok then it starts stuttering again.  When I play amazon prime it is fine so I don't think it is a signal issue. 

Thanks!!!
The default settings convert non-mpeg2 material to mpeg2. If there is a conversion going on your PC might not be fast enough to stream it. (unfortunately, mpeg2 can only use one core for encoding).

You could try setting the video format to "original format" in MC's DLNA settings and see if the material will play otherwise a different conversion would be suggested.
The H264-TS conversions can use all of the cores to convert and should play on your PS3

gigglez

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 12:00:39 pm »

Thanks for the reply. I changed the conversion method! I did the low bandwidth   Should I do mode: Original or specified output format only when necessary?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 12:06:51 pm »

Thanks for the reply. I changed the conversion method! I did the low bandwidth   Should I do mode: Original or specified output format only when necessary?
Original format implies no conversion.
Specified output format when necessary will normally convert everything but mpeg2 files (the one format required by the spec) however if you used the PS3 template when creating the server (or if you set the PS3 flag under the server advanced settings) MC is tuned to what the PS3 supposedly can play and will only convert videos it can't play natively.
Specified output format converts everything.

gigglez

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 12:08:28 pm »

THANKS!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up