INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Routing multiple audio inputs to multiple renders  (Read 2909 times)

eldide

• Recent member
Routing multiple audio inputs to multiple renders
« on: December 02, 2014, 04:03:39 am »

Hi -

I hope someone can help me!

I have 2 wireless renders in my house (Kitchen and Lounge). I want to be able to play different tracks off spotify to different renders at the same time. I know Logic Media server can do this, however LMS only see squeeze renders. This is the solutions so far:

(windows 7)

1. I have LMS running.
2. I have two instances of Squeezelite running on their command prompts, which LMS can see and play to. (for referene Squeezelite is like a PC based render).
3. I have two virtual audio cables. Each SQLite going to each of those, so the output has it's own dedicated Virtual soundcard output.  
4. In JRiver, I was hoping to direct each of those to Kitchen and lounge.

Ok, so this is where my understanding might be incorrect....
I have created two zones in JRiver (SoundKitchen and SoundLounge). SoundKitchen takes the audio device of Virtual Card 1 (whose audio comes from SQLiteKitchen).
I "thought" that if I link SoundKitchen and My Kitchen render it would play the audio but it doesn't.

Am I using zones / linking correctly? I have I miss understood something?

Also JRiver can see my SQLite Render, which seems to be playing. Is there a way that I could use that to direct the sound to the Kitchen Render.

I hope this makes sense!  

So, to recap this is want I was hoping to do;

LMS  <-> SQLiteRenderKitchen  <-> VirtualSoundCard  <-> SoundKitchen(Zone in JRiver)  ? ? ? ? ? ? Kitchen Render  ? ? ? ? ?

Again any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Charles

alglove

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Routing multiple audio inputs to multiple renders
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 03:38:46 pm »

Hmmmm, jumping in here, and I don't have a lot of experience with Logitech Media Server or Squeezelite, but let me see if I am understanding the problem correctly.......

So you say that so far, you have two instances of Squeezelite running, each of which creates a virtual sound card:

Virtual Card 1 = Squeezelite_Kitchen
Virtual Card 2 = Squeezelite_Lounge

First, what I would do is to create a zone for each of these virtual sound cards in JRiver......

KitchenZone using Virtual Card 1 (Squeezelite_Kitchen) as the audio device
LoungeZone using Virtual Card 2 (Squeezelite_Lounge) as the audio device

...and make sure that sound comes out of each zone correctly, one zone at a time.

Once you have done this, I would try playing music to both zones at the same time, but not while they are linked. Play different songs, in other words, and make sure that JRiver can route both songs correctly.

Once you have verified that JRiver can send songs to both places at once, then I would try linking these zones. Right-click on KitchenZone, go down to "LinkZone", and choose "Link to LoungeZone".

Hopefully, this will work for you. If not, then we can at least zero in on which step is causing the troubles, and go from there.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 03:44:29 pm »

Or try Whitebear :)
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

eldide

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 03:15:37 am »

Hi -

Firstly thanks for your response.

alglove: I've tried that but for some reason when I link the virtual card to the DLNA device the music is not heard? Each Virtual Card has it's own in/out line and is not using the PC speakers. Not sure if this is causing an issue. Wouldn't have thought so.

AndrewFG: I installed WB, and followed the instructions on other posts to expose LMS via MC.

Can I link two renders together and if one is playing expect the other to play the same thing? Is that how it works? The reason I ask is that each SQLite is pushing out it's own track from Spotify. As the SQLites are all emulated on my PC I want to then use MC to push that music out to a "Real" DLNA renderer.

Do you know whether this can be done using the WB/LMS/MC set up?

Just for reference, the "Utopia" I'm trying to get to is different tracks being played in different rooms using Spotify at the same time. I believe the LMS Spotify plugin will do this, but only using Squeeze devices (hence the SQLite). The final piece is bridging the gap between SQLite and my "real" DLNA renderes. 

Thanks once again,
Charles

eldide

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 04:57:28 am »

Hi -

OK, I'm getting nearer.
AndrewFG - Great program! Just what I need. In principle I can get it too work.

If I link the SQLite to MC Player it plays the track out from my speakers. Ya!. However if I link it to my DLNA Renderer it does not play it out. I can play the same track direct from MC to the renderer and it plays fine. I think it's possibly something to do with transcoding or something?

If anyone has got any ideas, please let me know.
Cheers,
Charles

eldide

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 11:16:02 am »

Ok -

More findings. Can anyone please help?

I have LMS and Whitebear installed fine. Both libraries are pointing to the same set of local music files.

I do the following in JRiver MC

1. Switch to MC Library, select track and play to my MC Player - Music Plays OK
2. Switch to MC Library, select track and play to my DLNA renderer - Music Plays OK
3. Switch to WhiteBear Library, select same track and play to my MC Player - Music Plays OK
4. Switch to WhiteBear Library, select same track and play to my DLNA renderer - FAILS TO PLAY

Here is the XML scheme it produces for trying to play the same track. The first one Fails and second doesn't

The only difference I can see is a) HTTP filename, and b) the one that fails has a bitDepth of '0', but not sure what this means:

<XMLFN version="1.0">
   <Item Name="Filename">http://169.254.22.94:31416/tid_145/src_mp3/tgt_mp3/pid_1/music.mp3</Item>
   <Item Name="PlaylistIndex">0</Item><Item Name="AlbumSequentialWithLastTrack">0</Item>
   <Item Name="SampleRate">44100</Item><Item Name="VolumeReset">1</Item>
   <Item Name="Channels">2</Item>
   <Item Name="ErrorFreeMode">0</Item>
   <Item Name="VolumePeakLevels"></Item>
   <Item Name="MediaType">Audio</Item>
   <Item Name="DatabaseKey">3</Item>
   <Item Name="VolumeTrackMaxSafeGain">-1</Item>
   <Item Name="Bitrate">320</Item>
   <Item Name="Bookmark"></Item>
   <Item Name="BitDepth">0</Item>
   <Item Name="VolumeLeveling">-10</Item>
   <Item Name="DSP"></Item>
   <Item Name="FileType">mp3</Item>
   <Item Name="UserInterfaceModeChangeEventHandle">00000740</Item>
</XMLFN>

<XMLFN version="1.0">
   <Item Name="Filename">F:\Music\Enoch Prusak No. 2\Not Used\04. Above the clouds.mp3</Item>
   <Item Name="PlaylistIndex">0</Item>
   <Item Name="AlbumSequentialWithLastTrack">0</Item>
   <Item Name="SampleRate">44100</Item>
   <Item Name="VolumeReset">0</Item>
   <Item Name="Channels">2</Item>
   <Item Name="ErrorFreeMode">0</Item>
   <Item Name="VolumePeakLevels"></Item>
   <Item Name="MediaType">Audio</Item>
   <Item Name="DatabaseKey">661</Item>
   <Item Name="VolumeTrackMaxSafeGain">-1</Item>
   <Item Name="Bitrate">320</Item>
   <Item Name="Bookmark"></Item>
   <Item Name="BitDepth">16</Item>
   <Item Name="DRMProtected"></Item>
   <Item Name="VolumeLeveling">-10</Item>
   <Item Name="DSP"></Item>
   <Item Name="FileType">mp3</Item>
   <Item Name="UserInterfaceModeChangeEventHandle">000006CC</Item>
</XMLFN>

Can anyone please help with this? Or give me advise on how i can debug this problem further.
Thanks (again!) in advance,
Charles

eldide

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 03:11:27 am »

Guys -

After playing around with this more (and testing it against versions MC 17,18,19 and 20), it seems when dragging audio files from my LMS library (exposed via WhiteBear) it does not play them on any DNLA renderer. It does on the MC local player.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue???

I have tried to send it too two different renderers (soundmate and PIXELDMR and BubbleUPnP on my android), and both look like they are going to play but then don't.

I have attached the log file.

Again, any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks.
Charles

p.s. I have 4 days left on the JRiver Trail  :'(
Pages: [1]   Go Up