INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP3 Encoder  (Read 1594 times)

Tweaker

MP3 Encoder
« on: January 25, 2002, 05:11:40 pm »

I just downloaded MJ Beta 8. After the install I attempted to download the MP3 encoder plug-in. It goes throught the process of downloading the plug-in but it come up with an error stating that the encoder failed to install. I had no previous versions of MJ on my computer. Any ideas on how I can get it to install?

I running XP Pro.

TIA

Tweaker

ZRocker

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:MP3 Encoder
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2002, 05:34:48 pm »

Try clicking HERE and see if that works for installing the MJ8 MP3 Encoder.

Tweaker

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2002, 05:36:38 pm »

That did the trick!

Thanks!!!!

Tweaker

kitfox

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2002, 05:44:43 pm »

yes, that worked. Why?

Tweaker

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2002, 05:47:05 pm »

Well, it almost did the trick. Now when I click Settings\Options from the toolbar I get the following Error Message: "Cannot create plug-in MP3 Encoder". When I click "OK" the setting box appears, however it does now show the Encoder was installed as I now have a choice of the bi-rates to choose from.

Tweaker

ZRocker

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2002, 05:50:49 pm »

Tweaker,

How do things 'look' in Plug-In Manager (under Settings)?  Does it show the MP3 Encoders installed and their version?

You might try the Add Plug-in button on the Plug-In Manager screen.  Navigate to the Plugins directory (under MJ install dir) and click on enc_mp3.dll.

kitfox

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2002, 06:09:06 pm »

sorry to report the same results as Tweaker. when I select the mp3 encoder in the plug-in manager, I get an error message stating that the encoder is not installed, and it asks whether I'd like it to be. When I select yes, it does its install thing, then the original error message "failed to install package" returns.

Michael

Tweaker

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2002, 06:13:28 pm »

Ok, in the Plug-In Manager, if on MP3 Encoder I get a message that the encoder in not installled and it asked if I wish to install it. If I click yes, it goes through the process described above with the same error message. If I try again and click no, a box now appears showing the Plug-In Information. In that box it shows MP3 Encoder with a Version # 2.0.43.

When I go to the Plug-In folder in the MJ directory and right click on the enc_mp3.dll it show a Version # 0.0.0.0.(56.0kb's) Weird!

Thanks for your continued help!

Tweaker

ZRocker

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2002, 06:15:57 pm »

I'm just guessing for you guys now...

Have you tried the Add Plugin button and selecting the enc_mp3.dll file (described above)?  Also, you might try the Uninstall button and then the Add Plugin button.

Are the Lame.exe and enc_mp3.dll files in your Plugins directory (under MJ install directory)?

I'd also suggest hacking the Registry for the MJ Plugins, but only do it if you are comfortable doing so.  You might just try renameing the MP3 Encoder key and seeing what that gets you (after restarting MJ, of course).

It all does work on my PC, but I had the MP3 Encoder installed from a long time ago.

Tweaker

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2002, 06:32:10 pm »

Looks like we got it.

The .dll and Lame.exe are both in the Plug-In folder in the MJ directory. For the heck of it I double clicked on the Lame.exe and it quickly installed. I then went back and tried going to Setting\Options, no more Error Message.Yeah! I then went to the Plug-In Manager and clicked on MP3 Encoder, it showed as installed and there were no Error Messages. Yeah!

By the way I did try clicking on the Plug-In button in the Plug-In Manager and that didn't work.

Solution: Double click on the Lame.exe in the Plug-In folder to reinstall it. Problem solved.

Thanks for the help!!!!

Tweaker

ZRocker

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2002, 04:11:24 am »

Not sure how that helps as running Lame.exe is really just running the DOS executable and displaying the Lame help dialog (run it from a DOS prompt to see).
Maybe, what is really needed is to register the enc_mp3.dll. Do this from a DOS prompt in the Plugins directory. At DOS prompt, type: regsvr32 enc_mp3.dll

Then, try the MP3 Encoder download/install again or the Add Plugin method from the Plugins Manager dialog.

Tweaker - Did you also double-click on the enc_mp3.dll and it appeared as thought nothing happened. If so, I suspect you have .DLL associated with regsvr32 and that double-click actually registered the enc_mp3.dll for you (which is good).

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2002, 04:36:43 am »

MP3 encoder problem will be fixed in next build.

Nikolay
Pages: [1]   Go Up