INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The APC Powerchute program can't find my connected UPS  (Read 4171 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
The APC Powerchute program can't find my connected UPS
« on: December 05, 2014, 09:19:17 am »

I use the APC "Back UPS XL" model BX900QR UPS on my home server (running Win7 x32). I installed the APC Powerchute (V 3.0.2) software last night but the program can't finish because it can't find the UPS. The UPS is connected to the computer with the APC provided R45 to USB cable.

I'm not sure what to look for in device manager, but there is an "unknown device" listed under in the Universal Serial Bus controllers tab. I tried to update drivers for this device but Window says the drivers are current/correct. Then I uninstalled the unknown device, unplugged the APC cable, re-plugged it, scanned for changes, and the unknown device reappeared. I'm still not sure this unknown device is related to the APC UPS though.

I think/remember on a different computer, years ago, that the APC Back-up device showed as a separate device in Device Manager under "Batteries" or something like that. But I don't have any category under Devices related to battery. This is a desktop computer.

Any suggestions on what I should try next?

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: The APC Powerchute program can't find my connected UPS
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 09:43:41 am »

I did learn that it should show up under Device Manager >Batteries >APC Battery Backup.
Since I don't have a "Batteries" category in Device Manager, I need to start there. Maybe I have something in Power Management set to prevent Batteries from showing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up