INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inability to burn Music CD using MJ software  (Read 1096 times)

lewben

Inability to burn Music CD using MJ software
« on: January 25, 2002, 03:31:39 pm »

I have tried to create a Music CD from MP3 files recorded using Musicmatch and with WAV files recorded using MJ (Version7.2).  All of the files are said to be imcompatible when i uase the CD burninmg feature of the MJ software, although I have made sure the "Auto Insert Notification" is disabled.  
On the other hand, I can succesfully burn a Music CD using the Record/Now software which came with my PC (an HP Pavillion running Windows XP).  So I know it is not a question of using a faulty drive or faulty recording medium.
What do I need to do to enable the CD brning software of MJ to work on my PC?

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Inability to burn Music CD using MJ software
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2002, 04:27:09 am »

What version of MJ? Can you play the mp3 files in MJ? What's the exact error message you get when you try to burn?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

lewben

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2002, 04:35:51 pm »

The MJ version is 7.2.280.
All MP3 and WAV files I create can be played on MJ.
When I try to create a Music CD with MJ I receive the message:  Track mode incompatible with existing track types.

lewben

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2002, 06:31:23 pm »

I just realized that my CD burning does not work at all from MJ software.  I even tried ripping a classical CD and then asking MJ to burn a CD from the resulting WAV files.  The result was the same "File format incompatibe with existing file types".  Is this a problem with MJ 7.2, the installation, or with the fact that it's running on Windows XP?  I cannot believe I'm the only person who experienced this.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2002, 06:38:27 pm »

Not sure if this is the culprit, but it worked for me. I wasn't having the same problem as you, though.

Check Windows\System32 to see if you have a file called wnaspi32.dll

If you don't, download it from ftp://ftp.nero.com/wnaspi32.dll and copy it into your Windows\System32 directory. Then try burning again.

Actually, even if you DO have it, try this version anyway (copy the old one someplace else so you can put it back later if this doesn't work).

lewben

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2002, 03:01:52 pm »

Thanks for the advice.  I found I did have the file, but I went ahead and downloaded the version you sent me to, and it did the trick.  i have tested it on both the ripped CD files and the WAV files I recorded and edited, and both worked OK.
I hope that others who have problems see this and avoid a lot of hassles.
Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up