INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prioritizing grouped channels  (Read 1275 times)

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
Prioritizing grouped channels
« on: March 07, 2015, 02:00:10 pm »

I have four OTA tuners and two DirecTV boxes.  For the channels that are available on both types of tuners, I have grouped them.  I always set the OTA as the master of the group.  It appears as that the DTV channels are chosen first when the channel is used.  I would prefer to use the OTA tuners first then use the DTV boxes if necessary.  This will leave the DTV boxes available for channels that are only available on those boxes, but still use them if all the OTA tuners are used.  I know I can prioritize tuners on a channel, but can I prioritize the channels/ tuners on a group?  I am running 20.0.80.

Thanks,

Alex

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Prioritizing grouped channels
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 03:57:25 pm »

The top of the group is always the first to be picked.  I am not sure why you are seeing something different.

Go to Manage Channels..., select a grouped channel, and click "Modify group" button.  The channels are listed in the order they will be used.  You can change that by using "Move up" or "Move down" buttons.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 12:54:47 pm »

Ok, I think I figured it out.  For the OTA channels, I didn't prioritize a tuner, but a tuner was prioritized for the STB 'tuners'.  So, it looks like since I didn't set the priority tuner set for the OTA channels, it chose the STB tuner.  As soon as I set a prioritized tuner for each OTA channel in a 'combined' channel grouping, MC chooses the OTA tuners first.

Thanks for your help,

Alex

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 08:47:16 pm »

Somethings still do not add up.  You should not need to prioritize tuners.  The order of channels in a group should have been observed, unless a tuner is busy.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up