INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display only latest Podcast Episode  (Read 1161 times)

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
Display only latest Podcast Episode
« on: October 15, 2014, 12:12:21 pm »

I have some hourly news podcast feeds where I only ever want the latest episode to be available.  I have Download set to Newest Episode and Keep set to same, but multiple episodes show up in the feed playlist (although only one is listed as available)  What is the correct/best way to get only the latest episode to show up in the feed? This causes problems with some of my smartlists.

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Display only latest Podcast Episode
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 02:28:37 pm »

This doesn't seem like something that should be impossible and frankly, given the settings I've used, it seems like MC should already be only showing the newest episode.  Oddly enough, even using the modifier ~n=1 (limit to showing only 1) doesn't display the latest episode.

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 12:04:59 pm »

Asked about this back in October and bumped once already.  Can someone from J River please consider answering?  Tired of days worth of hourly newscasts piling up in my playlists.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 05:02:18 pm »

I think you have to delete the episodes and then click Hide Deleted Episodes at the top of the Podcast View.

I just reread your post and I don't think this will help your Smartlists. I'll try a few things tomorrow and see what works for me.

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 09:33:50 pm »

I also looked into creating a custom view that would filter by timestamp or something, but custom views are not made available for Podcasts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up