INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DTS file plays from MAIN library, but not from Media Network server? [solved]  (Read 1140 times)

glabelle

• Recent member

I have several DTS surround sound tunes ripped onto my office server in .WAV format. I also copied these files to another system in my Home Theater, which is connected to my AV Rx through HDMI. Wanting to have only one copy of my music for maintenance ease, I tried to connect my HT system to the office system which is acting as the Media Network.

All stereo tunes play fine. DTS tunes - I get noise. If I play these DTS tunes on this HT system directly from the HD using the exact same file, they play fine. The tunes play fine using VLN on the Media Network system too.

I guess I don't understand the entire path when using the Media Network and a DLNA server. What must I do to play DTS from the Media Network? Do I need to configure the server to send a different format, or does the client have to be configured differently?

Thanks,
George

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
Re: DTS file plays from MAIN library, but not from Media Network server?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 10:54:57 am »

There is a discussion about this, I posted a few starter posts ago.
Didn't get a solution for this. dts hd ma no problem, wav dts only noise.

glabelle

• Recent member
Re: DTS file plays from MAIN library, but not from Media Network server?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 11:05:52 am »

Well, I just found my solution.

On the client: Tools -> Options -> Media Network-> Client Options (when connected to a library server) -> Audio conversion: you must select "Conversion: don't convert audio". Then DTS files play properly on the client!

George

Ninouchka

• World Citizen

going to try this, but I think this is already set on the client.
Pages: [1]   Go Up