INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grouping channels broken  (Read 1853 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Grouping channels broken
« on: September 25, 2014, 02:00:28 pm »

I have channels 7.1 (ABC HD OTA), and 1007 (Cable Card ABC HD) grouped to channel 7.1.  I tried to change the priority so that the cable card would be the primary tuner as the OTA feed has some quality issues on just that channel.

As soon as I tried to move 1007 up, it disappeared...I hit cancel, but it seems to have saved it that way. 

Now, if I try to group 1007 with 7.1, it just fails by saying that channel 1007 is already a member of a group, so it won't be added to this group.

If I go into Edit Channels, channel 1007 is listed as being an anchor channel for a group, but it isn't from what I can tell.

Any ideas on how to get this fixed so that the cable card tuner is primary? 

Thanks for any help!

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
Re: Grouping channels broken
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 10:23:34 am »

can anyone help on this?

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 03:21:39 pm »

thought maybe a screenshot would help:

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 01:01:38 am »

So I deleted channel 1007, and then re-scanned.  That allowed me to recreate the channel stacking, but as soon as I tried to make the cablecard the primary tuner, the cycle started all over again.

This appears to be a bug, and it would be nice to get a reply from someone on this from JRiver.

rammingspeed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 09:16:47 pm »

I am experiencing what appears to be the same problem.  I have an OTA tuner and a cable card tuner.  I have grouped all the OTA channels so that they belong to a group with the corresponding cable channel.  The cable channel is the anchor for each of the groups.  EXCEPT for one channel pair.  Channel 6.1 is the OTA channel and 806 is the Cable channel.  When I try to add 6.1 as a group member with 806 as the anchor, I receive a message that 6.1 is already a member of another group.  I have reviewed the channel group dialog and 6.1 does not appear as a member of any other group and neither does 806.

I opened up the Edit Channel dialog and the following is displayed for channel 6.1
Code: [Select]
Attributes:
    Anchor channel of a group

Major Channel: 6
Minor Channel: 1
Physical Channel: 25

Channel 806 shows the following
Code: [Select]
Attributes:
    Not a member of a group

Channel: 806

Channel 806 does not display in the TheaterView EPG, but 6.1 does.  I have verified that 806 is not hidden. 

I have feeling that it has something to do with the Zap2It Guide.  For all my OTA channels (and some standard cable channels), there are 2 corresponding cable channels.  In this case 6.1 is the OTA equivalent for both 212 and 806.  212 and 806 are the same local affiliate (no differences at all except for the number).  My profile in Zap2It selected 806 but it came across in the XMLTV file as 212, so I had to pair 212 to 806 and to 6.1 when I loaded the Program Guide in MC.  This probably got confused someplace in the translation.  Channel 212 is not in the channel list and it is not a hidden channel. 

Is there any way to un-group channel 6.1 even though it is not paired to any other channel?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 09:31:23 am »

Sorry about the trouble.  It indeed is a bug.

To get out of the situation, you need to create a "TV Channels" smart list, and fix thing from there.

To create a TV Channels smart list, in Standard View, press F9 to bring up "Add Smartlist" dialog.  Set the name to your liking, under Rules, set "Media Type" "is" "TV".

To fix channel grouping problem, go to the TV channels smartlist.  Find the offending channel, right-click, Stacks > Unstack.

Alternatively, you can fix all problems by selecting all channels in the smartlist, and right-click, Stacks > Advanced > Error Check and Correct Stacks.  You will get a report in an opened text file, in which you may find entries like this:

Clearing bad top (7-3 E1_4 WL)

After doing the above, you should be able to go back to TV Options and regroup your channels.  Since the ordering tool is broken, you need to make sure you first select the channel that you want to be on the top of the list, then click Add/Remove to add more channels.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 09:56:00 am »

Sorry about the trouble.  It indeed is a bug.

Is there a fix pending?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 11:08:39 am »

Yes, I am looking into it.

rammingspeed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 09:48:50 pm »

Thanks.  I was able to un-stack the channel group and it appears to have resolved the problem.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 07:13:14 am »

The problem is fixed for an upcoming new build.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2014, 05:03:05 pm »

Build 20.0.48 is out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up