INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange DSP audio audiopath report.  (Read 3270 times)

luckyaua

• Junior Woodchuck
Strange DSP audio audiopath report.
« on: December 12, 2014, 01:10:05 pm »

In  this moment i'm listening a stereo flac in my music zone of jriver, the zone is setting to 2.1 channel with JRSS mixing 2.1 but viewing the audiopath window i see:
- Input 44Khz 16 bit 2ch from source FLAC
- Convert 2 channels to 6 channelsre
- Room Correction
- Output 44khz 32 bit 6 channels using ASIO (direct connection)

why i see convert 2 ch to 6ch?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Strange DSP audio audiopath report.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 01:45:34 pm »

2.1 output mode always outputs in a 6 channel "container" because there is virtually no hardware that supports three channel output.  Instead, most home receivers/multichannel sound cards expect either stereo or a 5.1/7.1 signal.  In normal 5.1 playback the sub is on the fourth channel rather than the third, so JRiver would need at least a four channel container to avoid routing issues, but some receivers do "special" mixing when they see a four channel input, etc.

So for best compatibility with playback hardware, JRiver outputs 2.1 as "2.1 in a 5.1 container," i.e. it outputs 6 channels but three of them are blank, so that the sub channel gets routed correctly by most commercial hardware.

luckyaua

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 03:06:14 pm »

Ok thx... little error in my prev post is that i'm using jrss 5.1 and not 2.1...and i've a check "2.1 only for stereo source"...but i think the concept is the same!
Maybe would  be useful in the audiopath say to user "2.1 into 5.1" and not 6 channell!

gj_1970

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 12:26:34 am »

how to know audiopath in jriver media 15

gj_1970

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 05:20:10 am »

i think only jmone can answer this question. I have installed arcsoft audiohd.ax with dtsdecoderdll in system32. the audio path shows input 96hz 8 channels and output 96hz 8 channels without the source input. so how do we know its decoding dtshd. iam using jriver 18. lav audio is not installed.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 06:43:06 am »

I'd really suggest upgrading to the latest version of MC as there is no longer any need for the DLL.  If you don't want to upgrade for some reason then you could also copy the latest LAV Filter over the top of the MC installed one and you will have DTS-HD in all it's glory.  I'm no longer sure how it is reported in the MC18 GUI however!
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up