INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some TV feedback from my wife  (Read 1065 times)

an_ok_user

Some TV feedback from my wife
« on: December 13, 2014, 08:15:08 am »

Here is some feedback from my wife on the TV functionality.  The first one at least should be pretty easy to fix?

1)  In Threatre View, why does the guide skip back to the current time when the record button is pressed for a show out in the future?  If you are scrolled over a few hours (or say a day or more) in the future and decide to record a show, it is extremely annoying to have to scroll all the way back to the right to get back to where you were and record additional shows.

2)  When the hard drive holding the recorded TV shows fills up, why is there no warning of this that is obvious to a casual user?  Instead, shows just begin recording for 30 seconds to a minute and then stop recording with no reason shown.  Some kind of warning, or at least a note of why the recording was halted would be useful.

Thanks!

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Some TV feedback from my wife
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 11:39:36 am »

I think the default method for (1) to go back to current day/time after setting up the future record activity is correct and best. I can imagine a lot of confusion and complaints if someone was to skip ahead to record a future show and then the guide stayed in the future.

On item (2), I agree that it would be nice to have MC tell you if you are close to running out of disk space (maybe 10% remaining). I don't think it would be possible for MC to tell you a the time you set up a recoding (call it "Recording-3") that it won't fit because it might fit at the time you schedule it, then other scheduled recordings (Recording-1 and Recording-2) occur prior to "Recording 3" starting which use up the drive space.

IMHO

an_ok_user

Re: Some TV feedback from my wife
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 09:13:58 pm »

Good point on #1.  Maybe if the guide window just reset to the current time when you leave the guide to do a non-guide function and then come back to the guide window?

I just tested the Guide and it does indeed keep the current time/show selected when you bring up info on it, hit record, and then use the "Back" selection to go back to the Guide.  However, there appears to be a bug that if you hit the MCE remote "Record" button from the Guide window itself it will jump to the last show that was selected with the "Ok" button or Enter key.  So, if you get a detailed info view on one show, go back to the guide, then scroll over to the right and hit record on another show directly from the Guide it will jump back to the show that you selected to view detailed info on earlier.

I (and my wife) thought that it was jumping back to the current time when you hit record straight from the guide, but I think that only happens if you haven't viewed any detailed info on another show yet.

So essentially, I think the proper operation should be: 

If you leave the guide window (select a channel to watch, go to a different menu, etc) and then come back to the Guide window the Guide should always be at the current time. 

If you just bring up show info, hit record, etc from the show info the Guide would always stay at whatever time you were just at.  (It mostly works like this right now, but there seems to be a bug when you hit the record button in the main Guide view)
Pages: [1]   Go Up