INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [REQ] Cover Art Image Dimensions as list/rule field value  (Read 1108 times)

MusicHawk

• Citizen of the Universe
[REQ] Cover Art Image Dimensions as list/rule field value
« on: December 15, 2014, 11:29:02 am »

It would be a huge help if MC provided the Dimensions of Cover Art images as a value that can be used in a list rule and column.

Reason: My library has many poor-quality Cover Art images, mostly too-small. I've been using MC/MJ since version 6, more than a decade, so lots of my cover art is by today's standards crappy (technical term). I'd love to find the dinky images in my library, but with tens of thousands of tracks it's impractical to just wander around. Any help MC could provide would be wonderful.

The ability select and/or sort a library view by Image Dimensions would be terrific. Since MC provides field Dimensions when used to manage Photos, I'm hoping it would be fairly simple to provide Dimensions for Cover Art images too.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: [REQ] Cover Art Image Dimensions as list/rule field value
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 11:46:40 am »

MC can only know the dimensions once it loads the cover art, so this might be a little expensive to add.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MusicHawk

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 11:52:58 am »

Matt, thanks for clarifying. Obviously the load to repeatedly load attached images would be excessive.

Idea: Since MC reads the cover art image when it creates the thumbnail, at that point could it store the original image dimensions in a field? And if this is possible, perhaps the same action also could be invoked if/when the user chooses to rebuild thumbnails.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 01:24:43 pm »

Next build:
NEW: Added an image height and image width field that gets filled when thumbnailing.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MusicHawk

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 01:40:57 pm »

Matt, thank you!

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 09:58:51 pm »

Wow, that was fast. I actually never thought to ask before, but I had a script I wrote that would fill these in so I could make a smartlist that searched for small cover art. I used to forget to run it and wonder why the list was empty. Guess I don't have to worry about that now...
Pages: [1]   Go Up