INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Couple of issues  (Read 1212 times)

h0mer

• Recent member
Couple of issues
« on: December 15, 2014, 01:12:02 pm »

I'm running MC 20.0.47, i have 3 movies that playback is choppy:

Adel Live at the Royal Albert Hall
Just Friends
Galapagos

Everything else in my movie library plays flawlessly. The only similarity between the three problematic movies that i can see are the video compressions are VC1.  I have a ton of other movies that are VC1 like The A-Team, Kill Bill vol 1 and Jurassic Park that have no playback issues.

I'm running MC on a Intel NUC Haswell i3, MC is set to Red October HQ, Madvr - Chroma and Image upscaling are set to Lanczos.  I have switched to Red October Standard and still experience choppy playback on those 3 movies.

Last issue - after upgrading to MC20, when i turn on my system (TV and AVR) i occasionally only see a black screen.  I have to switch inputs on my AVR (Arcam AVR360) for MC to appear.  I've disabled sleep, screen saver and monitor sleep options on my HTPC.

Thanks

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Couple of issues
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 03:01:48 pm »

I assume you rip those movies to your HD. Could it be that those movies have glitches? Can you re-rip one to be sure?
I had some movies go bad (bit rot?) on me and had to re-rip to correct.

h0mer

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 04:04:30 pm »

I rip these BD movies to my Unraid NAS.  Those 3 movies play smoothly over my network using MPC-HC

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 09:41:58 pm »

Last issue - after upgrading to MC20, when i turn on my system (TV and AVR) i occasionally only see a black screen.  I have to switch inputs on my AVR (Arcam AVR360) for MC to appear.  I've disabled sleep, screen saver and monitor sleep options on my HTPC.

Make sure you have the latest video card driver from the chip manufacturer. For example don't use Dell's driver if it is an ATI card etc. I've had those exact issues with outdated drivers. Also I have seen that with older firmware on a Denon AVR. You might want check that too.

h0mer

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 10:21:41 pm »

Thanks gvanbrunt, i updated my video driver to the latest and greatest from the intel site earlier today.  I'll decide later to upgrade the firmware on my avr if the problem persists.

Never had this issue with mc 19 tho.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 06:53:49 am »

Remember that MC20 includes updates to MadVR and LAV too, so a setting in MadVR that worked okay in MC19 may need to be tweaked for MC20. There are a lot of new options in madVR. I don't know what (if anything, may have) changed in Red October - Standard but I assume it has changes too, so an upgrade from MC19 to MC20 may require a review of all the settings especially if you have a border-line weak GPU.
Good luck

h0mer

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 01:45:03 pm »

Thanks for the madvr tips.  Adel and Galapagos have never played correctly in MC19. I will test Just Friends on my laptop which has MC19 installed on it still.
Pages: [1]   Go Up