INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to config S4/Win7 MC server/WebGizmo  (Read 1649 times)

mp3jockey

• Recent member
Trying to config S4/Win7 MC server/WebGizmo
« on: January 02, 2015, 07:01:49 pm »

Not a complete noob, but very frustrated. Can play the Library server from a few clients on the local network, including the S4 when WiFi is ON.  Gizmo menu looks beautiful, and FLAC/APE is converted to medium MP3, and plays back successfully. I have my Netgear AC1450 set up for port forwarding 52199 to the static IP address of the library server running Win7 Pro ( as it has for three years now).  Even configured a port trigger just to make sure I was covered. xx.xx.x.xxx:52199.  On the library server, using Symantec Endpoint SBE client ( unmanaged) and specifically allowed MC 20 in applications.  Opened the default browser on the S4, goes to Web Gizmo screen, I choose Web Gizmo/Start/This Location/Playlist/All the playlists are showing cover art. Choose one, and choose one song in the playlist.  I see a black square  with the Play button in the middle/Hit the play button and the display shows the album cover art. No sound.  Touch the cover art, and the progress slider shows along with the play button.  Hit the play button/ Shows 1:40 and never progresses beyond that.  I close the app on the S4.  I can see the activity in MC 20 Server/Media Network/Activity log. The last entry is 1.4kb.  No sound.  I have fine tuned the Symantec software, uninstalled, tried it with the same result, reinstalled, and made the application exceptions in the firewall for MC20.  The log does not show anything being blocked.  Tried the chrome browser on the S4: same results.

I then use the android Gizmo app, and enter the xx.xxx.xxx.xx: 52199 instead of the access key. Successfully connects.  Choose This Location/Playlist/ choose a song, and it plays the song successfully.  Skip to the next...success.  Around the third song, the S4 starts to display a small message, saying "error contacting the server", although that does not stop playback.  I recall seeing somewhere that the application buffer accessed through Gizmo/Options/Cache download ahead is set to 10 tracks.  I tried it at 5, still get the error message, but the device continues to play.  Then I set it to one, and left it.  Just to be sure I disabled Wifi on the S4, accessed the library server with Gizmo again, and was successful in getting about a half dozen songs from the playlist to play back before I stopped playback. I have the Library server set to convert if necessary to Medium MP3, and have set the S4 to medium as well.

Any one had similar experiences with the S4 or S5?  Am I missing something critical I should be doing in order to get Web gizmo to play through the S4?
I can access the library server using webgizmo xx.xxx.xxx.xx:52199 with a laptop using chrome/win 8.1, so I am thinking this is behavior peculiar to the S4.

Ideas anyone?
Thanks
jock

mp3jockey

• Recent member
Re: Trying to config S4/Win7 MC server/WebGizmo
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 01:00:23 pm »

Bump...
Is anyone else having problems with Samsung S4/S5 in this regard?

Thanks

Jock

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 03:11:28 pm »

Have you tried using Gizmo?

mp3jockey

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 06:07:31 pm »

Sure did.  Entered the outside wan address with the port number. I could get two or three songs to playback, however, after three, I would get a message saying there was a "communication error with the server".  I tried to reconnect but no luck.  I changed the read cache download in the app from 10 songs to 5, and still was unable to keep a connection for any more than 3 songs.  I reduced it to zero.  I was able to play 4-5 songs before receiving the communication error with the server, but that didn't seem to make any difference: I skipped to the next song, and it would play that song.  All songs are APE files converted to medium MP3 on the server.
My hair is getting thinner...
Mahalo, Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up