INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M audio delta 1010LT doesnt make any sound  (Read 3831 times)

jbbmsg

• Recent member
M audio delta 1010LT doesnt make any sound
« on: December 19, 2014, 12:45:58 am »

Hello everyone. Sorry for the obvious noob question.

I am building a whole home audio box and just got a 1010LT PCI audio card. Running Windows 7 Pro.

I see the audio devices in control panel for play back, but they don't output anything. I'm at a loss on what I am missing.  can anyone who is using this card clue me in?  I'm using the latest drivers.

thanks!
JB

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Welcome to Interact.  In MC's Audio options, please choose the correct device.

The wiki has a topic on Audio Setup.

jbtheBeard

I read the wiki. I followed it intently. I am trying to get some support on the card. One would think I could use the card to generate system noises. I'm not having much luck.

Looking for someone who has this card who can give me some pointers.

Thanks in advance!

Jb

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: M audio delta 1010LT doesnt make any sound
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 02:04:43 pm »

If you're trying to get system noises try setting the card as the windows default device, but just so you're clear: JRiver ignores the windows mixer settings, so the two are unrelated. 

What happens if you select the card for output in JRiver's audio output settings?  Are you using ASIO, WASAPI or something else for output?   In short, could you elaborate on which specific steps you have and have not tried from the wiki?

jbbmsg

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 09:10:16 pm »

Sure thing! and thanks for the response.

In JRiver, I have just 1 zone.  this zone I have set as M-Audio Delta ASIO and specified output 1/2 in the volume device. I have let it select AUTO.

I have also tried setting the 1/2 output as default audio device in windows.  and tried using Default Audio Device (Direct) - no luck
I have tried WASAPI M-Audio Delta 1/2 - nothing

In Windows Control Panel, I have tried Testing the output - nothing.

To make sure I wasn't losing my mind, I set the audio as my onboard audio, and it worked just fine.

I am bringing the stereo out into a basic amplifier.

I cannot identify where the problem might be.  The M-audio delta Mixer doesn't seem to show any LED indicators of inputs or volumes.

I also set jriver to loop some audio and manually moved my cables from each jack to see if I just cant read the labels on the jacks.

Im at a loss.  I appreciate your help!!
-JB

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 11:15:06 pm »

A few suggestions: try altering the channel offset in your ASIO device settings in JRiver.  Increase it by one at a time and try playing after each change. I used to have an M-Audio 192 and I recall having to fiddle with the channel offset quite a bit.

Can you post some screenshots of your configuration in the delta mixer?  If you're setting the device as windows default and can't even get system sounds out it sounds like the device's settings are goofed up (something muted somewhere). That's reinforced by you not seeing any sound bars in the mixer.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 07:07:36 am »

I have tried WASAPI M-Audio Delta 1/2 - nothing
Try all of the M-Audio devices in your screenshot, starting at the top.

jbbmsg

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 03:41:48 pm »

Thanks again guys!

So I tried going through all the offsets. no luck.  Here's the thing, when I select Maudio Delta ASIO, the MP3/WMA files never begin to play.  it does not show any progress in the audio timeline.  it's like jriver recognizes the device is "not ready" or not there..?

When I select WASAPI, it plays, but again, I see nothing on the m audio mixer or the windows mixer.  I have even tried to open control panel, playback devices, and issue a test command.  I see that mixer light up green indicating sound content is being sent, but nothing out the speakers, and no indicators on either windows or m audio mixer.  The guy I got the card from swears all was working just fine.

jbbmsg

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 07:45:25 pm »

I'm fighting an O/S issue.  I just installed the card in a Windows XP box and she worked.

The system I have is a new IBM Lenovo ThinkCenter M78 running Windows 7 Professional SP1 - 64-bit

Thanks for your help!
-JB

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 04:36:04 pm »

Thatsnot actually that surprising as the M-audio PCI cards are nearly 15 year old at this point.  M-audio sold off that part of their business, and support has been spotty for several years.  Google, "M-audio PCI windows 7 problems" for an interesting cross-section of forum issues. 

And the M-Audio cards have some hardware issues to with modern gear as I recall.  I had to do some really hilarious stuff to get my M-Audio 192 to work correctly.  As I recall their website at the time recommended disabling com ports and reseating the card in different PCI slots to get it on it's own IRQ (as windows no longer allows manual IRQ assignment).  Folks also had problems with certain modern MoBo's that didn't have native PCI support, but offered a PCIE to PCI adapter, etc.

So you may have a hardware problem as well as an OS problem.  You might want to work through the "technical issues" section of this FAQ: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/en397515

Some of the advice is quite good, albeit labor intensive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up