INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Genre info lost after library migration  (Read 841 times)

kayard

• Recent member
Genre info lost after library migration
« on: December 21, 2014, 10:17:23 am »

Hi, I' have been a registered user for 4/5 years and  I have to say that I'm very satisfied with JRiver (audio user mainly)
Today something bad happened, I moved all my collection (3500 flac songs) from my old NAS to the new NAS.
I did this with a remote replication job and since the directory structure is not the same I had to change all paths with the appropriate library function in JRiver. Basically i changed the name of the old NAS with the new one. Problem is that after doing this all my songs have the genre field missing (it was there i swear ...). Everithing else seems to be working properlu (apart from the fact that half the songs are missing the cover in panes view but in this case i can confirm that the cover is in the file tag - i checked with other softwares) For this second issue, is it possible to force JRiver to reload all covers from tags?

Of course i have some library backup but how do I retrieve the genre from those backup ? if i simply load the library I'll be where I was this morning and I still have to change the paths so unless i have been unlucky it won't change much. But if i could use somehow the backups to retrieve the genre field

Any suggestion ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Genre info lost after library migration
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 10:31:09 am »

Data problems like this can be pretty complex to sort out.  Moving the files with MC is preferred.

There is a topic called "Moving Files" on our wiki.

Tags like genre may or may not be stored in the file, depending on how you've set MC.

Library Tools can move tag information from the library to the file.

kayard

• Recent member
Re: Genre info lost after library migration
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 10:47:14 am »

thanks but moving within JRiver wasn't an option at the time.
i have tried my luck and restored the old library. I did the "change path" process again and this time worked properly
wonder what went wrong the first time
anyway now everything is fine
tks
Paolo
Pages: [1]   Go Up